Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Halo V35 drive cone help

Tom195

Mar 9, 2010
Newcastle, England
I'm having a bit of trouble winding the spring under the drive cone in my halo v35..
i put the spring in the right place and then the other bit above it in the right place then twist it, put it to the right spot and get tension but then when i leave it or go to put the screw back into the drive cone it undoes itself and im back to square one :confused:
Anyone who has a halo will know what i'm talking about, so any pointers on what i'm doing wrong would be appriciated:eek:

Tom195

Mar 9, 2010
Newcastle, England
thanks dave i'll try that, and its one of the wires going to the motor i think it is, which is also linked to the battery wire. Its the first time ive actuly had this thing totaly apart so not sure whats up with that :tsk:
Spoke to JP and luckily theres a replacement part though :)

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
You should be able to solder the wire back together until the replacement comes.

Is this a standard drive cone, clear with a tab underneath ? Reason I ask is there were some white delrin ones a while back that had a metal pin, they only worked if they had a corresponding cup underneath and would not work with the stock one.

Are both the drive cone and the cup in good condition ? The tab underneath can snap easily.

The spring should have its ends at 12 and 2 O'clock and should go straight out. If they are bent at a funky angle you may need to get your pliers out.

Ed

Tom195

Mar 9, 2010
Newcastle, England
Thanks for your help guys, and k4p. Got the problem fixed.
Also i am going soilder it, if that doesn't work then i'll get the replacement. I don't like all the wires on the halo, maybe I just got a kinda faulty one though because the soildering on them was terrible.
Thanks again

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Well until you can afford a Rotor then you will run into wires.

If you put a Reloader B (2) board in you would eliminate the eye wires. You should be fine soldering in new wires. Just don't use too much heat for too long and cause more issues :-(

Be very careful when you assemble loaders so you do not pinch wires between the shell halves.