Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hand held crono

LouDaGr8

Apr 26, 2016
Hi all,

I mainly play big scenarios with friends.
There are normally at least 6 all with their own markers however I'm the only one who is 'tech savvy' with them.

There for I normally end up setting up, testing, and cronoing 6+ markers. Not a problem, most are basic mechanical markers so they don't need much adjusting even if they aren't used for 12 months.
The problem I have come across is at games like NvS I have to queue for ages for the cronos.

So I'm thinking if I pick up a hand crono from just paintball, I can go to one end of a range and blast through the lot.

Anyone had much experience with them? How accurate are they?
I know NvS have their crono police set up so I can do this. Do other scenarios require you to crono with them or is it similar?

Thanks

Lou

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The yellow one:
Does the job,but you have to keep pressing the button with each shot
It gave me years of good service,but with the grey at about the same price don't bother with the yellow

image.png

The grey, (x radar) comes with the added feature of bps. Keep firing and it keeps chronoing
I moved onto this when it became available
This is a good buy, but stretch your budget some more for the virtue and you'll be pleased with it

image.png

The virtue clock costs more, but is easy to use, can be used by just pointing at someone as well as under the barrel, includes chrono keys in the handle
We have moved onto this for team chrono and for events
This has the added benefit of being the handheld chrono of choice for most events

image.png

If you just want the ease of your own chrono and to be able to check when maintaining off site etc at not too much expense then go for the grey
Many chrono is do vary, so be prepared to make a final tweak at the official chrono. If you're in the right window from your own checks then just have a tool handy and you will be done in seconds at the official chrono
The people you see going back to the queue tend to be trying to hit maximum velocity dead on and get turned away because their gun isn't as consistent as needed to stay spot on, so they keep shooting hot when officialy checked

Every event will check players own guns (if not then you probably won't want to play that event) at least at the start of the day, plus random in game checks
The first check may be on a traditional big red, but random checks will certainly be on a handheld - probably a virtue clock
There will be inconsistencies between types of chrono, two identical chronos, and also how someone fires over the chrono. But when using your own you will soon get an indication of the variation between yours and the official one

Thumbs up to you for considering your own chrono
If your guys are relying on you for doing their chrono then give them a slap - unless they are the kind of people to screw up everything when there's a tool in their hand

Reactions: LouDaGr8

LouDaGr8

Apr 26, 2016
While they aren't quite as bad as they sound, by the time they've all trickled through the setup and crono we've lost a chunk of time I can be shooting paint!