Harry (Chill) Please Read !!!!!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Emag

Originally posted by Manning26
tsk, tsk, Pete, I'm surprised you're getting the Warp Feed. Poor fundamentals will result, you can't switch hands now Buddy! You're going to be one of the people you used to scorn, what's the deal? How are you going to work around this?
Hey Manning,
in all the years I have played, I have never switched hands to shoot left, in fact with the Emag and Warp Feed you can now roll out left with the gun on its side and it's still gonna feed 11 balls before you have to srtaighten back up again which is more than enough to shoot a few of you Yanks out :)
So all is cool in the Robbo camp mate, and therefore no need to worry yourself :)
Laterz Mortalz
Robbo

Manning26

Man, I'm really surprised to hear that. I could've sworn that I'd read something by you about becoming proficient with both hands. Even though that's how you play, and it obviously works for you, do you still consider it to be fundamentally incorrect? Sort of like,"Yes, Son, I smoke, but if I ever catch you doin' it, you're dead," that sorta' deal? (scenario inspired by my father)

As far as your knock on us yanks, perhaps a one on one between us when I hit London?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Shooting Lefty !!!!

Man, I'm really surprised to hear that. I could've sworn that I'd read something by you about becoming proficient with both hands. Even though that's how you play, and it obviously works for you, do you still consider it to be fundamentally incorrect? Sort of like,"Yes, Son, I smoke, but if I ever catch you doin' it, you're dead," that sorta' deal? (scenario inspired by my father)

As far as your knock on us yanks, perhaps a one on one between us when I hit London?
Do as I say not as I do !!!!
Dammit Manning, don't you know that? Hee hee !!!
Of course it is more proficient to shoot with both hands but I just could never get my head round it as I could stay just as tight and be just as accurate by shooting with my right hand both sides of the cover point.
It is not a technique that I could recommend however and that is why players should endeavour to practice shooting lefty.
And as for you hitting London ?
I doubt you could do that Manning, your aim just ain't that good :)
Robbo

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
So do you put your bottle on your left shoulder then,when you come out that side? I used to try that when I was new, and first realized the importance of playing super-tight, but my accuracy left A LOT to be desired.

Your, uh...joke, good one. :rolleyes: ;)

Oh c'mon Manning, that joke got ya right between your eyes.....admit it... :)
As for how I hold my bottle when shooting left, I roll out to the left, pivoting on my hips with the bottle still stuck fast into my right shoulder, when I shoot out of the right hand side I am relying on a tight profile and reflexes to keep me in the game but when I shoot left, because my profile is not so tight (obviously) I then tend to rely more on reflexes and timing.
Sometimes I do put the bottle on my left shoulder, probably about 50% of the time, but I never shoot left handed.
The angle I am shooting at determines whether it is a 'right' shoulder or 'left' shouldder shot.
Basically it's a trade off, 'yes', I could probably get a tighter profile if I practiced shooting left handed but I tended to sacrifice accuracy.
Now when I shoot right handed out of the left hand side of the bunker, I am just as accurate as when I shoot out of the right and for me this is the lesser of evils.

As I said before, the way I play is probably not the best for most people to emulate but it is important for me to identify what is the best way to play rather than teach what I may or may not do.
Robbo