Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Has anyone else just been locked out of classifieds?

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Ok that's fair enough.

Not arguing here but I'll explain why theres an issue.

You spend 10-15 minutes writing an advert. You already have your photos uploaded to photo bucket and a tab open with said photos on, when you flick between the tabs and copying and pasting the links, the browser suddenly decides, oh I want to reload the forum and not continue to cache it. At which point you loose 10-15 minutes worth of typing. My usual solution to this is to post the ad with the statement above (which saves it), then edit, copy and paste a link, save and then edit again for the next photo.

I will just have to use an entire proof pic saved to the clipboard already for when I type the ad then add more detailed individual photos after

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
You can upload the photos using the forum software, it doesn't have to be photobucket.

An issue I've never had to be honest.

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
You can upload the photos using the forum software, it doesn't have to be photobucket.

An issue I've never had to be honest.
I take it works on iOS platforms as you're suggesting it? I didn't notice as most forums then them off to save 'precious hosting space' so kudos to you guys! Will give it a go :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I don't know if it works on iOS to be honest as I've never done it. I don't lose info switching between safari and photobucket app so like I say it isn't a problem I've ever come across.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Works for me on iphone

And a tip - if you're writing / editing something big and don't want to risk loss switching screens etc then use Notes

I have posts lost when switching between tabs, or other applications. Different forum software may deal with this in different ways. Some save drafts automatically some have a save draft option, I have copied just in case more often then it has been lost

I prefer photobucket etc, however do add pictures to threads as attachments for convenience - it puts an overhead on the forum as the picture is copied in and uses space, using hosting only uses as much space as the text of the link.
If attaching then I assume the picture attachment will be lost at a later date during maintenance.
Linking is also preferable to keep your pictures for the future and if putting the advert elsewhere.

The only problem I have had with iphone attaching pictures is during embedding the iphone reselects the top of the text, thus placing the picture in the wrong place. This results in me clicking back into the text repeatedly again and again to make sure it goes where I want