Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Has anyone ever died or been seriously hurt with a paintball marker

darkoracle

Jun 2, 2015
Golborne
I am new, very new but reading about exit velocity and the hard fiber glass breaker balls available I was curious just how much damage a marker can do ?

Reactions: Howzy

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Victoria Snelgrove killed by a pepperball in the eye
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Victoria_Snelgrove

Alan Weir, marshall. Shot in the eye by his head marshall Calvin Blyth
http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2012/01/29/man-sues-after-eye-burst-by-paintball/

Many others have had similar experiences even with just dry firing air too close to the face

There was a guy named OneEye on the old SpecOps forum. If that forum still existed you could see his medical history in graphic colour.

PJ got shot in the eye:

Follow safety procedures and common sense for paintball to be safe

Reactions: Bolter

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I am new, very new but reading about exit velocity and the hard fiber glass breaker balls available I was curious just how much damage a marker can do ?
In a game? I dont believe paintball has been directly blamed for anyones death, but I did see a guy break his leg once after tripping on a tree root and landing awkward. Theres not many injuries past a few strains and sprains.

Modern paintball at the top levels is pretty demanding on the body. Players get lots of wear and tear injuries, blown knee's etc. But all that comes from wanting that trophy REAL bad. Its part of any top level sport.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Modern paintball at the top levels is pretty demanding on the body. Players get lots of wear and tear injuries, blown knee's etc.
My doctor says the opposite!

I avoid doctor visits where possible, normally turning up after motobike or car crashes, but I've seen him more often these days

He tells me I'm just getting old and paintballs good for me

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
Did hear stories of a fatality at an unamed site on a 14th birthday party. Although it wasn't a playing accident more of an equipment malfunction. The fatality was supposedly the 14 year old boys mother who had arranged the party. During spectating a bottle had supposedly blown off one of the rental guns or from the reg and struck the mother in the side of the head. Apparently died as the paramedics tended to her.
I have tried looking up any info but this seems to be merely Chinese whispers at this point as there isn't as much as a newspaper article on the incident.

Razordave

The Turks
Oct 15, 2013
Jonboy broke his leg on the field at Mayhem 92 and one of the marshals lost an eye between games at Mayhem 93. Was the captain of "silly saysage section " cant remember his name but was a great player

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Did hear stories of a fatality at an unamed site on a 14th birthday party. Although it wasn't a playing accident more of an equipment malfunction. The fatality was supposedly the 14 year old boys mother who had arranged the party. During spectating a bottle had supposedly blown off one of the rental guns or from the reg and struck the mother in the side of the head. Apparently died as the paramedics tended to her.
I have tried looking up any info but this seems to be merely Chinese whispers at this point as there isn't as much as a newspaper article on the incident.
That will be this one:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?125502-Woman-killed-by-paintball-marker-tank

Co2 cylinder unscrewed from its pin valve
(The equivalent of an air cylinder unscrewing from its regulator)
The safety features guard us from this by having tapered threads in cylinder regulators so the air pressure is released before it unscrews enough to come off, or a hole in co2 valves

They were not always made that way, the above linked thread gives a lot of speculation
What likely is the co2 regulator was not tight enough, and either was too old for the features or may have been loctited and blocked the exhaust hole etc

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
Quite possibly the same incident. Fictional parts may have being added on down the line regarding the birthday etc... but what an unfortunate state of events. Tragic...

snips

Feb 25, 2015
I reckon you could do serious damage with a 98 custom and a 20oz co2 tank, it would make a brutal club!

Short of having someone's eye out under normal playing circumstances what could realistically go wrong?