Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Has anyone ever died or been seriously hurt with a paintball marker

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
A group of students from Japan was playing up skirmish Norwich a couple of years ago

all day long the marshals had to tell them about removing masks ect

one girl stood up in the afternoon and lifted her mark up as a paintball destroyed her eyeball and carried on behind it

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
One time, the Captain of the team we were playing had a heart attack and dropped dead in the middle of the field. He was pretty old, though.

Another time, I stuck my finger down the barrel of my gun to clear paint out, and fired it accidentally. It hurt, but I didn't call myself out.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
There was a Gaelic football player blinded over here a handful of years ago.

Also found this, something reminded me of it http://www.scotsman.com/news/paintball-gun-shot-leaves-ex-soldier-blind-in-one-eye-1-1195640

Slightly related, somone was being an ass at an airsoft site I was playing at one day. Rule was once a player turned away or put their hands up they were to be left alone, it was an end of day free for all muckabout game. one of the MARSHALLS got involved with his own two pistols and came charging at me with the guns, I put hands and gun up but he kept coming. Despite several shouts and making it clear I had enough he still came. Suffice to say it wasn't actually as sore as all that, I was just wrecked and hungover and really not in the mood. Yet still he came so being the good sport I am, I floored him and took his guns. I was about to seriously hurt him (as per thread title to keep it relevant) however my mates came and helped to diffuse the situation by rugby tackling me before I could lay the boot in.

We then went go karting without further incident :D

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Did hear stories of a fatality at an unamed site on a 14th birthday party. Although it wasn't a playing accident more of an equipment malfunction. The fatality was supposedly the 14 year old boys mother who had arranged the party. During spectating a bottle had supposedly blown off one of the rental guns or from the reg and struck the mother in the side of the head. Apparently died as the paramedics tended to her.
I have tried looking up any info but this seems to be merely Chinese whispers at this point as there isn't as much as a newspaper article on the incident.
This did happen, in New Jersey, many years ago. The channel that is milled down the side of valves now (patent held by Gino at National Paintball Supply I believe) is a design change made as a result of that incident. It was a 10mil payout for the mom, who died, and 5 more for her son, who saw it. Biggest insurance payout in Pball history.

There was also a case of sudden death after a paintball hit a guy in the chest. The paintball field was deemed 'not at fault' in that case. There are multiple cases involving blinding, only a few of which have been made public over the years. It's the kinda thing you want to keep on the DL if you run a paintball field...

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Another time, a guy tried straddling a tree stump whilst running, but misjudged it. Chafed his nads, and starting screaming like a little girl who had wet her knickers.

Nothing to do with being shot, just an example of a dumbass.