Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

has anyone tried this...?

EELZ

never a trading complaint
Oct 29, 2003
wrexham
I left about 3/4 of a box of rps marb's in the boot of my car last week during the cold weather, when i looked at them they were knackerd,1-3mm flat spots on almost every one..such a shame i thought being as it's excellent paint (Imo), anyway, I thought sod it, no good and left them out, in the box, in the snow for a few hours then thought of this.....re-bagged them and added 4-5 little bags of sillica gel in each bag of paint,re- sealed the bags tight and left them for 4 days in warmish room temp and low and behold NO FLAT SPOTS!! and the paint shot perfect and fitted the same freak bore size as the fresh paint!

anyone else tried doing this and had the same results with different brand paints????????

cheers folks,

EELZ.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
i had a box of paint sat under my bed for 9 months that shot fine!!!! i didnt do anything with it just threw it in the cocker and away i went!

Dazzer13

Uber User
Oct 16, 2002
Southwest, Exeter
Are you sure that you need the silica gel, and not that the heat made the liquid expand and reshaped the ball. I thought that silica gel was used to remove liquid in the air, which could help if that bag was damp, but the dents were caused by the liquid inside paint condensing and misshaping the ball in cold conditions.

Daz