Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Has the Cocker now been eclipsed..?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Cockers aren't as fashionable anymore. That's just how it is.

It reminds me a little of how Angels were in 2002-2003, when Timmies were starting to be the new standard and people were using LPRs on Matrices and so forth. WDP recovered nicely, the 2005 Speed is as nice as anything, though for a moment it looked like WDP had lost the race by resting on it's laurels.

Eclipse using a failure prone reflective sensor for the breech is a problem.

The possiblility of shots to the gun's exterior causing malfunctions is a problem.

The adjustablity available to the owner is a problem, but I think a necessary evil to the design.

I think they perform fine for the most part, and there are only some small issues in the way of cockers continuing to be popular. There is a big issue, though, in the widespread belief that they aren't as fast. That perception has to overcome unless WGP goe the way of AGD and persues the rec and scenario markets primarily.

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
Seems to me that you still have not answered my question, how do you compare markers???

1. Rate of fire.
2. Ease of mantainance.
3. Reliability.
4. Ease of use.
5. Looks.

Anything else??

Now if you score most markers out there, they all fire as fast as a loader, and almost all are reliable.
Looks is up to each person, but ease of use and mantainance are important.

So, if you chose the "e"cocker, my personal veiw would be.....

Can fire as fast as you can feed it, once set up, is very reliable, easy to turn on, and as long as you don't fiddle, very easy to maintain.
Looks, I like it.
Only problem I can think of is if you take a hit to the side of the marker...cleaning it is a bitch.

So to answer Tom's question, with a question.......Whats wrong with the cockers performance??

[Ringer Patrol] Meat

Not the Halifax man...
Heathens! Heretics! You dare turn your backs on the Holy Word of Orr! The same benevolent god that dragged you from the gloomy depths of Trracers and Scorpions many moons ago. Orr, the blessed one, Orr the saviour of our souls. His word and will is all that separates us from deliverence and the realms of madness. The wizard-barbarian Long and the Winged Ones from the Mid-Lands whisper lies and false promises. They speak of victory through the witch-sorcery of adjusted firing modes and de-bounce settings and all they want in return is your soul. This is not the way of the warrior. The Old Gods, Kaye and Orr, weep from up above as they children are led astray.
I shall not fail them. I shall not be turned. By the will of the the Twin Deities of Belsales and the Blessing of Lord Wood I shall prevail. My faith is my shield, my E1 my weapon of retribution, my Evo '96 Jetstream a tribute to the warriors of times past. I am Meat, Son of Orr, Last of the Goth Squad, Knight of the House of Belsales and I shall be heard!

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by [Ringer Patrol] Meat
Heathens! Heretics! You dare turn your backs on the Holy Word of Orr! The same benevolent god that dragged you from the gloomy depths of Trracers and Scorpions many moons ago. Orr, the blessed one, Orr the saviour of our souls. His word and will is all that separates us from deliverence and the realms of madness. The wizard-barbarian Long and the Winged Ones from the Mid-Lands whisper lies and false promises. They speak of victory through the witch-sorcery of adjusted firing modes and de-bounce settings and all they want in return is your soul. This is not the way of the warrior. The Old Gods, Kaye and Orr, weep from up above as they children are led astray.
I shall not fail them. I shall not be turned. By the will of the the Twin Deities of Belsales and the Blessing of Lord Wood I shall prevail. My faith is my shield, my E1 my weapon of retribution, my Evo '96 Jetstream a tribute to the warriors of times past. I am Meat, Son of Orr, Last of the Goth Squad, Knight of the House of Belsales and I shall be heard!

Drugs..?????....:)