The Home Of European Paintball

Has The PLANET Gone Mad ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledz

Jul 13, 2001
Planet Planet
www.planeteclipse.com
As you may have noticed, the Planet Eclipse retail Pounds Sterling (£) and Euro (€) prices have unfortunately had to increase.

Over the last six months the Pound Sterling – USD – Euro exchange rates have been in turmoil. Since the end of 2008 we have been holding our breath, hoping the exchange rates would get back to what we would class as ‘normal’, but this just hasn’t happened. During this period there has been such a significant weakening of the Pound Sterling against the Dollar ($) and the Euro (€) causing us a significant currency loss that we just couldn’t afford to absorb any longer.

People have speculated on several different reasons of why the increase has been implemented, but it’s simply down to exchange rates. Planet’s starting point for pricing any product is based in US Dollars. Planet has products and materials delivered from all around the world and the most common currency to be used is the US Dollar thus all of the Eclipse pricing is based on US dollars.

Planet Eclipse has tried its best to avoid having to change its pricing over the last 6 months, taking the currency loss and just getting on with the job as best as possible, hoping the world will sort itself out and get back to the ‘normal’ exchange rates that we have experienced over the past few years. Unfortunately this has not happened and so we have been forced to increase our pricing in Sterling by 30% and our Euro pricing by 10%.

We have had to move quickly on this and reading some of the posts on the forums we have caught a few people out that were ready to make orders for markers. There isn’t a great deal we can do about the price increase, but what we can do is sweeten the deal a little for a limited period. Until April the 24th ,when you order any Standard Eclipse GEO or EGO9 Marker (Does not included Custom Team Editions) we will give you Free of Charge an amazing Eclipse Razor Traveller OR Razor Compact AND a Gravel 08 Ruk Sack worth up to £212.55.

All you need to do is CALL Planet Eclipse on 0161 872 5572 and Speak to Stoney and ONLY Stoney, order your Eclipse Marker, tell him the colour of bags that you want and he will sort out the rest.

There’s another little bit of good news. We have managed to re-work some discounts into the ETEK2 pricing and have managed to significantly reduce the increase to a retail of £436.16 Inc VAT.

We are sorry that we have to make this announcement, it’s not good for any of us, but the exchange rates are completely out of our control!

Sorry!

LEDZ

GODDY

?
Oct 2, 2006
staffs
thanks for that ledz, now we all know and fair play to you for trying to soften the blow with the free bag

Impulse raider

RAMPAGE/SNATCH
Jun 4, 2008
HAMPSHIRE
Respect

Respect LedZ for coming on here and clearing this up, trust me it was a total shock to find this sudden increase and im sure you felt the initial impact.

I can only say i hope for all ballers sake that this damn economic climate changes for the better soon and that we all try and support our british economy the best we can.

Im sure all those wanting the new 09 kit will find the bonus items a great insentive to continue there purchase.

Carl :)

figment

AKA Sinbad
Jan 22, 2002
Grantham
i think planet buy everything in US $ as this is bag at the poo at the mo this could be why the prices have gone up.

Nicky or anyone from planet feel free to correct me on this.

but look on the bright side like as been said you will get a good price for your ego second hand now.

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Nice to hear something from Ledz about this......just wish it would have been sooner and it could have prevented a minor heart attack :D

Wish they were doing the bag deal on SLs - might tempt me into a purchase :) hint hint

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
i think planet buy everything in US $ as this is bag at the poo at the mo this could be why the prices have gone up.

Nicky or anyone from planet feel free to correct me on this.

but look on the bright side like as been said you will get a good price for your ego second hand now.
Is the word of the guy who owns planet not enough lol? :D

Edit:- ooops spangley got there first didnt read the last page :D

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
Wish I had known earlier as I would have ordered the gear that I had in mind. Now I'm gonna have to wait even longer and probably wont get as much as I wont be able to afford it : (

TEKLOFTY

You're in the jungle baby
Jan 7, 2009
In your sphincter
If you had told us you were going to implement the price changes you would probably have made ****loads on people panic buying markers.

Status
Not open for further replies.