The Home Of European Paintball

Has The PLANET Gone Mad ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Do you think that makes a lot of sense,giving away £200 worth of goods when they could have dropped the price by say £75 for instance.
Whilst Planet have impeccable customer services and quality goods with their name out of the equation people may have taken a different view.:rolleyes:
You go to a car showroom , this month they are including in a deal free 18 inch alloys and tyres worth £2K for this month only for a certain model.
You walk in and ask for a £500 reduction off the retail price of the car instead of having the alloys. I dont think so bud.

Just appreciate you are getting something included in the deal, they dont have to give the kit bags away, they are merely trying to help sweeten the deal when times are hard for everyone.

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
You go to a car showroom , this month they are including in a deal free 18 inch alloys and tyres worth £2K for this month only for a certain model.
You walk in and ask for a £500 reduction off the retail price of the car instead of having the alloys. I dont think so bud.

Just appreciate you are getting something included in the deal, they dont have to give the kit bags away, they are merely trying to help sweeten the deal when times are hard for everyone.
You walk into a car showroom,the car is £20k,you ask for some discount to which they reply no but you can have "mats,alloys,c/d" worth £xxx..:eek::rolleyes:
Did you intend buying the alloys ...:eek:
I think it depends how you look at it,as I said if it wasn't Planet then people would look deeper,but Planet have never stiffed anyone so it's just me mincing around....:eek:
When you get offered something for nothing you instinctly look for the trick/con.
But with Planets past record no problem...nice.

Anavrin

Jan 15, 2009
might be old stock before price rise;)
Probibly is old stock but it hasent stopped LIPS putting all thier price's up, although they are abit cheaper than from Eclipse still.

Planet is a UK manufacturer, surely parts made around the world may be purchased in Dollars but the cost of making something in the UK is still in Pounds.

This sort of rise is simply to stops the Americans taking advantage of the exchange rate buy buying Eclipse gear cheaper, after all they are the biggest market, so in the end the Americans pay the same price and we all get screwed in the UK and Europe, They may loose out on UK and European sales but thats nothing compaired with the extra cash they make by exploting the American market!

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
If you want to know relative price increases over the years then I paid £750 for my tournament spec Phantom in 1990. Which is getting on for £2500 in todays money.

So if you want it a bit of government speak.... "In real terms your guns are still cheaper"

On the plus side I had quite a few dollars left from a trip when the exchange rate was $2 to £1. I ordered some parts from the US and simply posted them the dollars, worked out nice and cheap.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Planet is a UK manufacturer, surely parts made around the world may be purchased in Dollars but the cost of making something in the UK is still in Pounds.
Its not the cost of making it, its the cost of the materials. Materials are bought and sold around the world in dollars (mostly). Only when consumers get involved does it change to national currencies.

Anavrin

Jan 15, 2009
I Agree the price of the raw materials has gone up but do you really expect anyone to believe that it costs over £300 more per marker to manufacture?

I doubt it cost £300 or more to make one in total!

Just how much profit do manufacturers need to make?
Answer - what ever they can get away with

chuckwood

Now back in Australia!
Aug 2, 2008
Adelaide, South Australia
Probibly is old stock but it hasent stopped LIPS putting all thier price's up, although they are abit cheaper than from Eclipse still.
LIPS carry minimal stock, they order in GATS when they are ordered to keep their overheads down. Thus when the Manufacturer's price changes they have to change also.
Simple.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
I Agree the price of the raw materials has gone up but do you really expect anyone to believe that it costs over £300 more per marker to manufacture?

I doubt it cost £300 or more to make one in total!

Just how much profit do manufacturers need to make?
The answer is actually the same amount as they have always made. They have to pay for the costs of the making the marker which could easily be £200 more than it was 6 months ago. Then they add their profit on top of that. Who knows what their profit margins are? It's a business. They have to cover their costs in the marker (which aren't just material costs) as well as turn a profit for any shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.