Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Have Delta Force changed their name? Or just some dodgy ploy?

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Someone sent me a link to a paintball company called IPG. 5 star accredited by the UKPBA apparantly.

But on checking the site, all of the "IPG" sites are in the same place as the Delta Force sites, infact, the directions to the sites are identical, so all I can assume is that they're infact the same company.

http://www.deltaforcedirect.co.uk/testimonials.htm

http://www.ipg.uk.net/testimonials.htm

Bit odd that both companies have exactly the same "testimonials".

Is it just me that thinks selling tickets under two different names seems a little bit dodgy?

any way in which they can get 'punters' onto their site, imagine a family, dad taking 2/3 kids , thinks oo £30 for the 4 of us, get sup the site, and they ask him for £150, he aint going to say F' off especially seeing as he would be letting his kids down, to soem extent, its playing off the good will of people.

the tickets them selves are kinda like parking space charges i suppose!

as for 5 star? maybe, but does this accomodate for the hefty charges issued by the site?

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Well, the UKPBA rating is a bit of a joke anyway I know that much. As they just invented themselves as the "governing body of paintball" and all DF sites got 5 star ratings. Infact, if you look through all the sites on the PBA website, the only ones with ANY stars are the DF sites.

But this is the first time I've came across the "IPG" stuff.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I asked this in January, I think.
IPG are the marketing team
UKPBA is IPG/Delta Force backed and probably fronted governing body of their paintball sites, possiby another marketing ploy by IPG

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Hmm i wonder if 'IPG' have got permission from all those celebrities on their testimonials page to endorse their product and effectively make money for them? Why are there no testimonials from the stars themselves?

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
so whats up with these delta force people then- what do they do?
there were some people selling paintball tickets £38 for 8 people in Wolvo town centre the other day, sounds dodgy

said there was an indoor site in Codsall :S, anyone heard of it I never have

Its a shame my mates were going to do it at school for one of their 18th's but soon as they realized how much it could cost they decided not to
£38 for 8 people, yep fair enough.
Apparently they would be charged £10 for 100 balls though, is what they were told

The markup on paint is disgusing its amazing anyone starts into the sport at all with sadly the only people advertising mainstream being the people most likely to put potential players off playing the sport

they asked me whether 100 would last them all day...

pointed them towards Warped or NPF but I think they've gone with Lazerquest now :(

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Well......the people above were selling their goods in Edinburgh one week and asked my mates Mrs if she wanted to play, taking into account she is a fellow Director of A1 Paintball Edinburgh she declined, they then asked her the next two days, on the third day she was with a friend, again they approached....talked to her friend and asked if she would be interested in playing, she said no because she heard it was sore and walked off, as they walked away the salesman shouted at the top of his voice "SO IS GETTING IT UP THE AR$E"......what a sales pitch.....wish I had thought of that!!!!!!!

Sid
Director
A1 Paintball Ltd.....

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
...gosh yeah bet they get loads of people playing by doing that :eek:

I had to laugh at these guys, they had some sort of neon blue spyder on a gun stand wrapped in tinsel...admittedly they were trying. Not hard mind, but trying.

Asked them for a leaflet in fact as I thought of putting it up here at the time, but sadly they didn't have any.
they had this huge map tho covered in where their sites were, all over the UK apparently. Think it must be deltaforce, never heard of whatever it was they were calling themselves.