Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Have Delta Force changed their name? Or just some dodgy ploy?

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Good morning p8!
Andy, i see where you're coming from and agree that's how it must seem to anyone reading these boards..that DF turn a blind eye. I can't comment re many years ago...Missy obviously has more 'past' than me, but there's nothing wrong with that ;)

However, that's not the case with the ticket sellers nowadays. Complaints in the Cardiff area led to some (then DFD) tickets sellers being fired and i have heard this has been the case elsewhere. The DF centre managers can ask where the ticket sellers will be any given day and they, or their marshals, often act as 'mystery shoppers' approaching the ticket sellers and testing how far they will go to make a sale. After all it's the centre managers who have to deal with disgruntled customers when they walk through the gates so it's in their interest to do so.

I've probably spoken to 20-30 ticket sellers 'incognito' this year. One guy told me that the guns have a rapid fire mode where holding the trigger for 6 seconds causes the gun to fire in full auto. Obviously i put him right on that and reported it to the marketing company. On another occasion a girl told me the guns are from the USA (who cares really?) but they're not, they're Infernos made here in the UK by Arrow/Powerball. Those are the only things they've got wrong. I ask them all how much more i will have to pay and they they all told me about the 10 quid fee to book my place which includes the 100 paintballs and they gave me the correct price for additional paintballs on-site. Most of them won't commit to a figure when you ask how much paint you need on the day, saying it depends on the individual, which it does.

Missy, i saw Duncan at a party recently and he was far from mad (just his usual crazy self, lol) but yes, you're right that Ivan has done great things with DF and he has some cool ideas for the future too :)

Re the blokes believing they were in for more than a game of paintball if they booked in, imo it just shows the gullibllity of the weaker sex, eh? :D

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Gups said:
Steve i think you have hit the nail on the head by saying its 'by association' (and subsequent conclusion drawing) that gives people the impression that DF is a rip-off. We all do this, by taking limited evidence and forming our own ideas of something. I agree that unscrupulous ticket sellers, like those mentioned in the universities, :mad: do a great deal to attribute a bad name to DF. They are NOT DF employees but they do represent the company 'by association' as you say.
I'm not suggesting that because it is guilt by association that DF have no responsibility. These are people DF have choosen to associate with. It is a very profitable arrangement I'm sure, but you have to take the rough with the smooth - the bad name. IMO DF should accept some responsibility for the sellers' behaviour or choose not to condone it and stop working with them. Call off the hired goons!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
That's a very ideallistic way of looking at things Steve, but in the real world nothing's perfect. You've chosen to look at the small percentage of 'bad' ticket sellers and ignore the many honest, hardworking sellers who stand out in the street come wind, rain, or snow to bring in customers. This is because, as i have already pointed out, only the bad are reported which gives a biased view of what really goes on.

Missy (and others) believe DF get very little repeat business. If this is the case then there are nearly half a million people each year being introduced to paintball by these very same people you say DF should have nothing to do with!

When these guys do their job properly they do it very well. What we have to do, and ARE doing as i tried to demonstrate previously, is tighten up on the small percentage of those with the 'anything for a quick sale' mentality. Rather than ditch something which is in the main successful, because a few screw it up, i'd rather stick with it and try to make it even better.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Gups said:
When these guys do their job properly they do it very well. What we have to do, and ARE doing as i tried to demonstrate previously, is tighten up on the small percentage of those with the 'anything for a quick sale' mentality. Rather than ditch something which is in the main successful, because a few screw it up, i'd rather stick with it and try to make it even better.
After my experience with them today, I'd agree.

They do their job very well and their job appears to be Bull$hitting people into buying tickets.

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
It is my opinion that DF do introduce lot of new players. They also put off a persentage of those new players, but in the grand scheme of things, they are fulfilling an important role and much of the flack they get is aimed at them by rival site operators who are sick of having these salespeople sail into thier catchment port with the Jolly Roger flying overhead.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
Im sure if DF endorse these ticket sellers, they must have some power over what they do. There's far to many threads on the furums for it all to go overlooked, these ticket sellers are putting (well, keeping) DF in peoples Bad books. New customers to the sport that have been ripped off wont keep quiet about it, word of mouth gets around, and it looks bad on ALL recball sites, not just your own. As far as im conserned, if DF insist on useing Ticket Sellers, get some decent ones, control what the do, train them up! that way, there's only yourself to blame, dont pass it on to some other abreiviated company. these ticket sellers are the public face to your company.

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
yes, I agree that it is the misrepresentation of these promo companes that needs to be controlled. Unfortunately, if this system is working for DF, and they are getting the numbers they want, then it is unlikely they will rock the boat, and it's not like anyone else can do anything about it rather than market thier own field better and use counter promotion to get their own message across.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
Thats the thing, unfortunatley, the sport, these days is about Quantity, as opposed to Quality. it looks like some companies dont care how many customers they rip off, or insult, or how bad they look in the PB world, as long as they fill their Quota.