Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Have Delta Force changed their name? Or just some dodgy ploy?

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Not being a cybergeek in any way. Can anyone tell me why 'International Paintball Group' does not come up in any search engines i've tried.

Is it a technical reason ? because if i were a person interested in playing paintball for the day, the Net is where i'd look first. Then phone directory or respond to an advert.

I have seen these 'sellers' @ a mall and gave them a wide berth. If only because they reminded me of the time share monkey 'sellers' that had returned home for the off season,who plagued me everyday @ a beach in Gran Canaria last year.
They would not take 'No'...'Not interested'.....'Go away'......'Pi$$ off '.......F**k off......'Ask me tomorrow and your going down'...... and finally, 'i did warn you'.
My own personal views aside about these type of 'Agents' that Df use. I thought no more about it until I was phoned by someone recently who knew i was into paintball. They run a Barrow type stall @ the Mall and they are there everyday.After theses 'agents' had been and gone, lots of people were asking the person that i know, when the paintball people would be back as they could not get the dates they wanted or the dates they could get,the venue was miles away and wanted a refund.

No doubt gups will be on to explain the technicallities of it all and to respond to the other thread in announcements.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Ralph said:
Can anyone tell me why 'International Paintball Group' does not come up in any search engines i've tried.

Is it a technical reason ? because if i were a person interested in playing paintball for the day, the Net is where i'd look first. Then phone directory or respond to an advert.

No doubt gups will be on to explain the technicallities of it all and to respond to the other thread in announcements.
Since you ask, Ralph... I would assume this is because IPG's website is an after-purchase booking and information facility, therefore they don't need to score high on a search engine. The website address is provided on the VIP tickets. You buy the tickets first then you go on the website.

Not being able to get the dates they want is highly unlikely at DF unless they want to go on a one particular midweek day and no other day in the year. So long as we have 20 players booked in we will run a day's paintball. I just had a look and our system shows we have 76 different games running this week. every centre has at least 3 game-days available and some are running games on 6 days.

Are you certain these complaints which have come to you via a third party were definitely about Delta Force sellers? For instance, in the link (above) which Macclad supplied the poster is complaining about Ministry of Paintball sellers and not being able to get the dates they wanted. DF are not the only company who employ a marketing agency to attract customers.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Gups said:
I'd liken it to the anti-smart parts hate campaign which started a few years back when they exercised their right to the copyright of the electronic grip frame. They were within their legal rights but everyone seemed to hate them for it and EVERYONE had an opinion on it whether it affected them or ot.
Complete and utter absolute bollocks!!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Wow, really? Yeah, i just tried it and you're right. They must be well dodgy then if you can't find them on the net. D'you know you can find the IRA and Osama Bin Laden but not IPG. Well spotted M8!

Another thing i noticed is that on the website alll the people who go to their sites are wearing masks, probably so they're not recognised...cos i bet they're there to buy drugs or lego or something dodgy like that. I heard DF were putting something in their tea and coffee that makes you want to buy more paintballs and a friend of my aunts sister said her neighbour knows a bloke down his road who's sons teacher once played paintball at delta and she ended up getting shot.

Geez, really makes you want to have nothing to do with them. Now all we ahve to do is tell the 8300 people booked in to play at their centres this week before they all get ripped off and have a **** day and get put off paintball forever.

Sorry, it's been a long week and this is getting ridiculous now. Tell you what, PM me and i'll send you all as many free tickets as you want, go see for yourselves if DF are any good or send your granny to check us out if you're busy on the net at weekends.

Love hugs and all that....

Gups :p

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
Gups said:
Tell you what, PM me and i'll send you all as many free tickets as you want, go see for yourselves if DF are any good or send your granny to check us out if you're busy on the net at weekends.

Love hugs and all that....

Gups :p
I'd take you up on that. But unfortunately there's no DF near me. Only IPG ticket sellers :) Can I go and shoot one of them? That might be fun..

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
8300 is a lie. Don't tell lies. What would your mama think.
And yes, I do know how much business you do, how many guns you have, how much paint you buy, and all the other variables which make it possible to know how much business people are doing. I'm not just a pretty face mounted on 300lb's of woman-flesh you know....

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Gups said:
Wow, really? Yeah, i just tried it and you're right. They must be well dodgy then if you can't find them on the net. D'you know you can find the IRA and Osama Bin Laden but not IPG. Well spotted M8!
Sorry, it's been a long week and this is getting ridiculous now. Tell you what, PM me and i'll send you all as many free tickets as you want, go see for yourselves if DF are any good or send your granny to check us out if you're busy on the net at weekends.

Love hugs and all that....Gups :p
Just because you've had a bad week there's no need to get Shi*ty with me and you know where you can stick your hugs. I don't normally get the ar*se but this time i gonna make an exception,just for you Gups.
Here's how i see it.
You must be doing something right on the day @ the sites to still be in buisness, fair play to you all. That's not how the thread started!!
Still,quite correctly you answer people questions and allay some of the misconceptions that some may have about DELTA FORCE but my interjection seems to have touched a nerve with you. I was going to PM you with the details when i get them from my friend as to the people that were @the Mall where they work, as they gave them a card before they dissappeared (probably in the bottom of her bag and you know how deep they can be ).
Now should i send it to you PM or just rant on the boards like some others do ?
Now as to your 'tired' rant about using the net. Why so touchy about a web site that has nothing to do with DELTA FORCE. It's only an "after-purchase booking and information facility" after all?????
If i was using such a website i would want it to come up in every search,
everytime.
It's not my Biz i dont give a damn.

Would i think it a bit dodgy to buy tickets from a guy in a mall and then, to make a booking i've then got to go into cyberspace,to a web site, that i can't find on a search engine. :eek: you work it out!

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Another thing you're not, 'Missy' is a good judge of character. I'm not a liar, nor do i hide behind a pseudonym. People know who i am, and where to find me and i have no inclination nor need to lie.

Unfortunately our online numbers system has been down most of today so at the time of my last posting i wasn't able to check the exact number, nor can i now. But i'll post the exact figure later if i really have to prove myself? I based my calculation on the latest figure i knew for the forthcoming week which was 7300 and added the usual rate at which players book in which is 1000 per week. It might be a couple of hundred off either way, but it won't be far off.

If you know the number of guns we have and the amount of paint we buy and if your matematical skills are equal to your skills of mis-assumption, you'll be able to work out that we can easily cater for 8k a week.

Ralph. My rant wasn't aimed directly at you, don't get so tetchy. My rant was a tongue in cheek piss take of some of the mindless comments people post on this and other forums. Not suggesting ALL such comments are mindless as some are obviously valid, before i'm pulled up on that one.

To answer your question: Actually no, i don't find it at all strange that IPG don't appear on a search engine, for the simple reason no-one needs to search for them. The address is supplied on the ticket. You don't need the website until you have purchased said ticket. But then, coming from an age before computers took away the duties of thinking, spelling, sexual entertainment, global defence and keeping our kids amused, maybe i'm missing something re the sinisterness of not being found on a search engine?

Apologies if you took it personally, i can see how it came across that way but tbh with my very limited understanding of how search engines work, i did think your comment was a bit daft.