Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Have Delta Force changed their name? Or just some dodgy ploy?

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Just for you 'Missy'

OK system up and running now everyone's gone home:
Saturday, 3609
Sunday, 1664
Monday, 745
Tuesday, 529
Wednesday, 777
Thursday, 619
Friday, 593

Total 8536.

I'd expect to see that figure rise by at least 3-500 as more people book in to play for next week. Apologies on a postcard to guppy@paintballgames.co.uk ;)

Guess we must be doing SOMETHING right then?

combatman

Aug 26, 2002
www.combatzone.info
Delta Farce

Ever noticed when the UKPBA was set up, it's main backer and sponsor was Delta Force. Then all of their sites get 5 star rating?? Bit strange. I am also in the opinion that their markerting methods are very under-handed.
I really want to know if the UKPBA require sites to be insured. A friend I have in the paintball business was told by to main owner of Delta Force that some of there sites are not insured!!! I dont know if this is for liability or just for their property. Anycase all of the above information will shortly being going off to trading standard and the HSE. They will see if they are cowboys!

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
My best guess is that you will have no more than 5000 players play out of those numbers, and thats if you didn't inflate them. I have 12 years frontline experience in this exact environment. That said, 5g is still good numbers.

....and I am an exceptional judge of character, if I do say so myself. I always knew Duncan inflated the figures, that Ivan inflated the figures, and by association I think you inflate the figures too. No offence, obviously.

bulldog2k

Well, there ya go. I've always thought thought Missy Q had the voice of something approaching something reasonable, but apparently we're now at the stage of 'someone you knew did something bad so you're bad too'.

Cool. :mad:

I've have no axe to grind about rec ball, Delta Force, ticket sellers or anything else.

I do know that of all the people I've ever met in this business, the people who are stand-out diamonds who work for the best of everyone I can count on the fingers of one hand. Pelling is one and Guppy is another.

There is no conspiracy theory here, or any hidden subtext. Far from trying to hide things, Guppy is trying to be far more open and up-front on behalf of the company she works for than anyone has a right to expect.

Keep doing what you're doing Gups

Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
Bulldog2k, I wasn't trying to be testy, or insulting. If someone wants to throw numbers around they must expect there is a possibility they will be questioned. If you take the time to read the thread, you will see that if anything, I was defending FC/DF for the most part. It was only when it turned into an exercise in self-promotion that I questioned the numbers, although I do agree that calling Gupps/Guppy (are you sure thats your real name and not a pseudonym?) a liar may have been a bit strong. Especially now I know she's one of the sisters. As for soing SOMEthing right; I have always maintained that DF do a LOT right. I always admired Duncan, John (you may not remember John, but he wa the guy who set up the whole 'outside seller' system) and Ivan for the huge task of operating a nationwide network of sites, and for managing staff they rarely meet in person. However, the comments above are ones I have heard many times over the years, and not without reason.

I DO have an axe to grind against the ticket sellers, because they DO misrepresent, as do the ones that sell for that other crowd of chuff. That said, there is not much point moaning about something that is unlikely to change.

and Bulldog you're right, she is telling people more than they should expect, and perhaps more than she should.
One last thing: Gups/Guppy, why do you imply that I am operating under a pseudonym? As a sister in the business I thought you would have more consideration for a lady than that. Is it because I am fat? Better not be the other thing...

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
roflmao. No, sugar, i'm neither racist or fattist...come to think of it i know several people fatter than me :D

Garfs, you're a 22 carat diamond yourself! :eek:

Missy, no hard feelings. Yes, we figure there will be about a 10% no show in booked numbers but those figures are what we use to book in the marshals and supply the equipment to our centres, they're not inflated. Sometimes i've wished they were so i wouldn't have needed to work till midnight to supply enough co2 cylinders the night before the van runs, lol. (I love it really and i have a very warm sleeping bag...)

And yeah you're right, my real name is Cheryl, but everyone knows me as Gups... What's yours then? ;)

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
Gups said:
That's a very ideallistic way of looking at things Steve...
'fraid I'm a bit of an idealist. :)

Gups said:
...What we have to do, and ARE doing as i tried to demonstrate previously, is tighten up on the small percentage of those with the 'anything for a quick sale' mentality. Rather than ditch something which is in the main successful, because a few screw it up, i'd rather stick with it and try to make it even better.
Thats good to hear, hopefully I might start to see some of these well behaved sales people that you've mentioned.