Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heads Up

Skeet

Platinum Member
You wanna start a team, and manage them. That'd earn ya some money, I'm sure...
Nah...I heard he has been there.

Team training days are where it's at. People get value for money and Robbo makes a reasonable wedge.

He could always go back into engineering. There is no competition in that these days, good old British Engineering is a real money spinner... ...

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Ahhh....those were the days. Train to Dartford, Prodigy's "Music for the Jilted Generation" on the Walkman, a mile walk to the shop, cups of tea, toys to play with, Neil's pron collection, cammo, splash anno 'Mags and 'Cockers, Stevie T barely able to see over the counter, Jerome, Piper's sarcasm and mild contempt, gut buster from the Burger van at lunch (half pounder, bacon, onions, awesome!) and of course, piles of PGI too. Occasionaly a lift back to the station in Pete's Supra. My formative years, they were.

:D
Ahhhh, I remember those days, going to the dartford shop to see neil and piper, looking at all the splash mag accessories, and most of the time seeing Robbo and Dave chilling out on the settee down there. Many times I nudged a team mate saying "Thats Robbo over there !!!", One time I even remember plucking up the courage to say "Hi" and receiving a nob of the head, Wow, I'm not worthy !!!

Sad to see that pgi has gone to the wall but happy to hear that Robbo has taken control of the forums.

Fingers crossed something will change and pgi may return, we can only hope !!

:)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
....well, I'm gonna see how it goes with this; I have a few other paintball options that have been offered and so I will see how that goes and maybe I might even go back to some part time Maths tutoring if I get too bored ... I dunno really, life without PGi is kinda worrying for an 'unemployable' like me :)
Robbo teaching maths... now there's a scarey thought

Always one of my weakest subjects at school, but something tells me I would have paid more attention if Robbo was taking the class. Kinda like maths meets boot camp?:eek:

size 6 feet

Mar 28, 2004
coventry
Visit site
christ ,first paintball adventures goes tits up now pgi what am i going to read last friday of the month for the past 17yrs AIRSOFT MONTHLY OR SWAT WEEKLY!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to all at pgi heres to pgi and the joy and knowledge theyve given to us ballers and good luck Robbo

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
This is sad, I felt a kinda loss as I read about it, PGI was the first time I saw supair after being given a few old mags by warped after I played at their site a few times.
The captioned pictures section in the centre was the best thing ever (a few years ago, not recently), I used to laugh like a little kid when I read those.

By the way, is this due to a loss in the american readership? As the UK readership must be insignificantly small, compared to the US readership?
Surely a thousand people in the UK buying PGI a month was not keeping the magazine afloat, alone?

jamiekerr

Apr 7, 2008
Hey guys this maybe something I can or should ask but, I only recently Signed up for PGI Mag.. have they stopped producing them? If so -I paid for like 12 issues and have had like 2 so far.. what happens to the Subscribers.. Refund ect.??? Just wondering.. if the mag has stopped or something different cheers jk

Cetanu

Apr 25, 2006
Hey guys this maybe something I can or should ask but, I only recently Signed up for PGI Mag.. have they stopped producing them? If so -I paid for like 12 issues and have had like 2 so far.. what happens to the Subscribers.. Refund ect.??? Just wondering.. if the mag has stopped or something different cheers jk
If you'd bothered to read the thread you would see that you should get a letter about refunds sometime soon. As Robbo is not the owner of PGI he can't tell you for sure.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
This is sad, I felt a kinda loss as I read about it, PGI was the first time I saw supair after being given a few old mags by warped after I played at their site a few times.
The captioned pictures section in the centre was the best thing ever, I used to laugh like a little kid when I read those.

By the way, is this due to a loss in the american readership? As the UK readership must be insignificantly small, compared to the US readership?
Surely a thousand people in the UK buying PGI a month was not keeping the magazine afloat, alone?

Hi Rosie - unfortunately, in niche market publications such as PGi, the major source of income isn't from sales of magazines; basically the sale price of a magazine just offsets its production cost and delivery charges.
The main source of revenue is derived from advertising and this income refelects the state of the market ....and therein lies the problem.

Because so many companies are facing huge cutbacks, the first thing to come under scrutiny is advertising costs and this cutback has been going on relentlessly for about 18 months now.

Ultimately PGi is a business and was accountable and unfortunately, the paintball market could not sustain one of its founder, and best media publications ... sad but true.

Still, imagine a world where papers like the Sun and Mirror are left to cover the world's events ..... nice thought eh? :rolleyes: