Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heads Up!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well here's the thang, our sport is infested (yeah, that's the right word) with people who like to think they know what they are talking about.
I do not want people posting up here that are better suited teaching crochet than our beloved sport.

There are some people however who I do trust and will allow to teach on this site, people like Mark Toye, Nicky T, Ledzy, Magued,Tommy Pemberton, Leigh Digard, Dunny, Clint, Junior Brown, Rich Telford, Sergey and more besides.

These guys are more than welcome to post; I just don't want you guys being taught absolute bollocks by people and so I am gonna vet each and every thread.

I am gonna be writing a lot of the stuff on here, at present , I am going back thru a host of articles I did for PGi to see which ones are OK for the present day game and which ones need tweaking.

This is not an excuse on my part to indulge (I don't need the Learning Room to do this) but it is an opportunity to make sure you lot get the right and proper information about our sport.

The people I will invite to write and post will have the necessary experience and understanding of our sport at every level.
I will post my first tutorial vid up some time next week and so I'll see how that goes and if I don't make too much of a dick of myself, I'll do some more and see how it goes.

Reactions: 00chrissy00

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Be nice to keep this section as clutter free as possible. Is there any way to get some of the old 'Drill of the month' articles up on here?

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ
I miss a good book

fao Robbo,

Good move, and i must say something i was worried about.

To elaborate, I gained 90% of my early pb knowledge from reading. I started with a book called " the tips and something of paintball" with some guy called 'wong' and someone else. i read it because i couldnt afford to play, I have since given the book to my neighbors kid as a birthday present last year as he really wants to play and is now 2 weeks off being legal.

Anyway PGI then gave me writers like Greenspan and whatnot on playing, Micha on sponsorship and so many other dark art tricks that were then taken to the field. so it was the closest thing to going to California and training with them, except this you could read over and over to get it down..!

so, now pgi (paper form) is gone, something needs to replace it, for people like me who love to read top players little tips that are so cool that when you pull them off your left thinking "i love this magazine" (ALSO IN CAPS, MY TOILET MAGAZINE RACK HAS NOW BEEN FULLY READ LIKE 12 TIMES EACH DATING BACK TO 2004)

so, im all in favour of this, maybe even some of those classic articals can still provide glory to those yet to read them...?

My 2 favourites
michas sponsorship on the xsv from ironmen phase
most things greenspan but especially the 'false sense of security one'

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ
Be nice to keep this section as clutter free as possible. Is there any way to get some of the old 'Drill of the month' articles up on here?
I have ripped all of them out and got them in a folder....so good..!

this is actually a bit gutting.......i really miss my magazine. well the knowledge it brang anyway, now i have to do it all myself.....hmmmmmpppff

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
fao Robbo,

Good move, and i must say something i was worried about.

To elaborate, I gained 90% of my early pb knowledge from reading. I started with a book called " the tips and something of paintball" with some guy called 'wong' and someone else. i read it because i couldnt afford to play, I have since given the book to my neighbors kid as a birthday present last year as he really wants to play and is now 2 weeks off being legal.

Anyway PGI then gave me writers like Greenspan and whatnot on playing, Micha on sponsorship and so many other dark art tricks that were then taken to the field. so it was the closest thing to going to California and training with them, except this you could read over and over to get it down..!

so, now pgi (paper form) is gone, something needs to replace it, for people like me who love to read top players little tips that are so cool that when you pull them off your left thinking "i love this magazine" (ALSO IN CAPS, MY TOILET MAGAZINE RACK HAS NOW BEEN FULLY READ LIKE 12 TIMES EACH DATING BACK TO 2004)

so, im all in favour of this, maybe even some of those classic articals can still provide glory to those yet to read them...?

My 2 favourites
michas sponsorship on the xsv from ironmen phase
most things greenspan but especially the 'false sense of security one'

I read your post and am still reeling after being described as 'whatnot' ...... ouch!

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ
I read your post and am still reeling after being described as 'whatnot' ...... ouch!
bugger, i tried so hard to get that post right.

well, to put things right ill tell you the one thing you taught me personally at A Blackpool inferno weekend that you kindly did for us in uttoxeter back in 05, and that was to 'put your hands up and admit you were wrong'. Obviously there are a few more but that one is top of the list, and from that day i have put my hands up not only in ball but in life too.

OddJob

Photographer
Oct 28, 2004
North Essex
Can we have a some tutorials on getting the best crome dome Robbo? I find behind the ears rather tricky at times, and always wondered what the best foam/gel to use was. Mach 3 vs those vibrating jobbies? Just dont combine it with the snap shooting video

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I would happily do an article on 'weight-loss in paintball'.

Failing that, I could do a 'scissor-axtion xplained' vid, if Kat's up for it... Its kinda lame with one person though...