Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heart Condition

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There are many conditions that warrant the use of Warfarin and you should NEVER come on a public forum and ask what's suitable for you and what's not.

Go back to whatever consultant you are under and ask him/her .... you really need to think clearly about your condition and ask the appropriate people because I have to say, this request by yourself is looking kinda irresponsible.

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
There are many conditions that warrant the use of Warfarin and you should NEVER come on a public forum and ask what's suitable for you and what's not.

Go back to whatever consultant you are under and ask him/her .... you really need to think clearly about your condition and ask the appropriate people because I have to say, this request by yourself is looking kinda irresponsible.
Irresponsible, yes.

But when I first went on warfarin, my GP and the surgeons that performed the operation couldn't tell me what to expect from a hit from a paintball now that I was on this strange drug that I'd never even heard of before I was told I'd be taking it for the rest of my life :p

Personal advice from friends who were also taking Warfarin put my mind at rest at least on what to expect, something that my GP couldn't do, I think it's entirely fair to at least get a second opinion on the effects of getting hit by paintballs (NOT medical advice) will do to your skin and body when you're on warfarin, because you would have to pump your GP for information regarding the degredation of your internals from the effects of warfarin, it's not something they openly tell you, I should know, I've been through enough of this rubbish to know that (especially) GPs seem to (almost understandably so) put off telling you the gory details of what could happen.

No disrespect to you, Robbo, I just think it's important to speak to other people taking the same drugs as you AS WELL as talking to your GP, but if you're only going to do one of them, for gods sake, make it your GP :p

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Irresponsible, yes.

But when I first went on warfarin, my GP and the surgeons that performed the operation couldn't tell me what to expect from a hit from a paintball now that I was on this strange drug that I'd never even heard of before I was told I'd be taking it for the rest of my life :p

Personal advice from friends who were also taking Warfarin put my mind at rest at least on what to expect, something that my GP couldn't do, I think it's entirely fair to at least get a second opinion on the effects of getting hit by paintballs (NOT medical advice) will do to your skin and body when you're on warfarin, because you would have to pump your GP for information regarding the degredation of your internals from the effects of warfarin, it's not something they openly tell you, I should know, I've been through enough of this rubbish to know that (especially) GPs seem to (almost understandably so) put off telling you the gory details of what could happen.

No disrespect to you, Robbo, I just think it's important to speak to other people taking the same drugs as you AS WELL as talking to your GP, but if you're only going to do one of them, for gods sake, make it your GP :p

No disrespect to you either Durajim but you really need to read my post mate, I mentioned there are many reasons to be prescribed warfarin; just because somebody is similarly prescribed does not mean he is in any position to give you advice because he may have been prescribed that drug for a different set of conditions.

That drug effectively thins the blood and there are many reasons you might need to do that, you have a heart condition but there may well be somebody who has a problem with his blood viscosity, and whilst he may say it's fine to play paintball, your heart condition may well determine it's extremely risky.

It is much more likely your consultant is gonna appreciate what physical efforts are involved with paintball (after you tell him) and therefore give you correct advice than some person on here who takes warfarin.

Durajim

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2009
Reading
No disrespect to you either Durajim but you really need to read my post mate, I mentioned there are many reasons to be prescribed warfarin; just because somebody is similarly prescribed does not mean he is in any position to give you advice because he may have been prescribed that drug for a different set of conditions.

That drug effectively thins the blood and there are many reasons you might need to do that, you have a heart condition but there may well be somebody who has a problem with his blood viscosity, and whilst he may say it's fine to play paintball, your heart condition may well determine it's extremely risky.

It is much more likely your consultant is gonna appreciate what physical efforts are involved with paintball (after you tell him) and therefore give you correct advice than some person on here who takes warfarin.
Oh, no, I completely agree. I went off on a bit of a tangent after the first couple of lines :)

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
best folks to ask are your Drs.

However from a personal point of view, I'm on Duralock 3 times a week whilst on dialysis. Yet I atill play. I make sure I am well protected with, Chest vests, arms pads, knee pads etc.