Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heavens Gate Tournament Update

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
Big up to all the SWPL staff, all the Marshalls, and all the players.

So good to see the likes of Mayhem Tigers , Zone, Dusted Monkey, Ecstacy, Feral Jesters all make it to the South West.

For anyone who didn't, you missed out. The location and facilities were superb, the marshalling and play was excellent and tent city was lively as ever. A really friendly well run event.

Cheers to everyone we (team Blitz) played.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
This was a fantastic tournament, one of the best I've been to. Great venue, good fields, running ahead(!) of time mostly.

I heard virtually no complaints about anything, and it was one of the friendliest atmospheres I've felt ages. I managed to thoroughly enjoy every minute of the last 2 days (bar the traffic coming home up the M3 tonight) despite not playing.

Big up to the SWPL & Sid in particular, especially as this was their first really big tourney. Those who didn't make it - you really missed out!:)

Terrorbyte

Powered by junk food
Thanks from all of Team Fallout to everybody who was involved and took part in this tournament.

The venue was superb, full astro turf playing surfaces that let you slide for miles :), decent toilets and showers, great atmosphere, decent marshalling (big up Blackstar you deserve it) fair play in the most part (which shocked some marshals as there were very few controversial calls - unlucky DR Rag Tag). Thanks to H-Pac for quality air, multiple trade stands (7 tents i think?) The list goes on...

Thanks to our mates on DR Rag Tag and Nine Below Zero for the close games in the finals.

More importantly big up to the organisers, bucket loads of effort went into this event and it certainly paid off. You couldn't ask for a better tourney, hopefully more teams will be encouraged to play SWPL.

PaintballBudgie

Didn't see any of that Baz as I left to get home to my sick daughter as the finals started.

However the field was being reffed SAD 2 , who did a damn fine job as did all the other marshalls in my opinion over the two days. Syd was obviously in a difficult position and had to place his faith with the marshalls who were on the scene.

Syd and DOA marshall the SWPL and do so fairly and with the utmost integrity. I think your suggestion about ;

"now that make's me think it a torny that is all sorted out buy doa and the money man play for them well you see were im going on this but il let you make your own mind up",

is hastey and does you or your team no credit.

PaintballBudgie

My comments were as follows.

I found personally found the reffing on the 3 fields to be very good.

I did not see the incident as I pointed out but could "imagine" that Syd was in a difficult position and had to go with the decisions of the marshalls.

I have found Syd and DOA to have always acted with the highest integrity, and found your "suggestion" to be insulting as he puts a lot of work , time and money into the SouthWest League, making it a league we are all very proud of.

Thats all i have said. Wether I was there or not for the final does not affect my opinion of the reffing over all.

angel

welcome to the party
Jul 8, 2001
york
I FEEL I MUST INTRUDE

I THINK THINGS HAVE BEEN BLOWN RIGHT OUT OF SIZE,
I KNOW BAZ AND THE DOA BOYS AND SOME OF THE MARSHALL'S ON FIELD 2.
I WAS ON THE SIDE LINE AS THIS GAME WAS OF SOME INTREST TO US.
WHAT HAPPENED WAS NAFF , THE PLAYER IN QUESTION SHOULD OF BEEN ONE 4 ONED BUT THESE THINGS HAPPEN AND TO SAY BECAUSE , SYD PLAYS FOR DOA HE WAS BIASED TO THEM IS NOT FAIR , I KNOW SYD TO BE A FAIR GUY AND HE IS TOUGHER ON HIS OWN GUYS THEN ANY ONE ELSE.
IF FAULT IS TO BE PLACED IT MUST BE PLACED AT HE MARSHALL'S DOOR.
ALTHOUGH IN THIS CASE I FEEL THAT THE MARSHALLS WHERE JUST IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME.
I FEEL SORRY FOR DARK RITUAL , AS IT APPEARS THAT THERE WERE ROBBED, BUT MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN AND WE ALL HAVE TO EXCEPT IT .
ON A DIFFRENT NOTE , EXCELLENT TOURNY AND GOOD MARSHALLING ON THE WHOLE.
CHEERS ANGEL
SHOCKWAVE 3

Anthony (FUBAR)

Jul 12, 2001
Tiverton, Devon.
Visit site
Baz

This was explained to your capitan yesterday.
The guy in the center 40 was mugged clean. He then span and put three on the side of the DOA player. The marshals told the DOA player to play on. So he mugged the two in the back center and got shot by one of them.

I have no idea where the fourth of your players was shot from as this was not somthing that your capitan rasied at the end of the game.

I am sorry you feel cheated but if the tourny was 'sorted' don't you think we would have won it???

Ant
DOA Zealots