Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP AND ADVISE NEEDED

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I have a Brother that`s a Judge, and he reckons that if a Player joins any Team/company that is known to have you work/play under a contract, that contract should be honoured, usually for what the player receives or for the time spent with the team, meaning if a player leaves before the time of contract expires then the player will pay fees to the team, now if the Team is known to " have all players under contract ", then anybody that plays with that Team is Liable whether a piece of paper was signed or Not, because that player accepted the conditions of a contract, and even Verbal is taken as fact. therefore that player is Liable.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
But targeting one player for the repayment of the entire team's debt is incorrect.

Have the other players received similar letters?

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
No other player has had anything, just me, I played the full 2012 season for him and we came 2nd then I left, there was nothing to discuss about 2013 season and he has given nothing to the 2013 season as its only just begun right now and I am in a different team now, so anything he has supplied which the stuff he's sayin he's which was no wear near what he's claiming for, has been used for the 2012 season an there for I would guess I and any other member of the team have fulfilled there duty that year? as we played that year, I don't get paid to play and I have no contract to play for him, so if I was "running" his team then that makes me an employee???? So should I not be paid wages for my work??

Reactions: Barrage

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I don't get paid to play and I have no contract to play for him, so if I was "running" his team then that makes me an employee???? So should I not be paid wages for my work??
This need not be the case if running a team for someone it does not mean you are employed, and if considered work it can be voluntary work. And as you say: no contract, so if thats the case then certainly no employment contract.

I know nothing of the team or the circumstances but there are probably quite a few things being said here that should not be in public.

In generalised terms there is no requirement for a contract to be written to enable it to be valid, it makes it easier if it is documented.
The key points are offer, acceptance and consideration. But also an intention for a contract to exist. If one party feels there is a contract the other may not.

In the specifics of this there may be a contract in place which you inherited by becoming a member of the team, and then took on more responsibility to the contract by becoming co-captain.

Even though the new season had not started, it would not mean the owner/sponsor isn't going to expense in preparation
How this affects your circumstances depend on the details

Last edited:

Barrage

Oct 19, 2009
Liverpool
the only agreement to the sponsorship for the team was written on the team forum and pinned. Well just before litigaton was mention by said owner, he amended the terms of the sponsorship. So instead of said sponsorship for the period 2012, it now read sponsorship beginning 2012 running into 2013. The date stamp of the amendment shows this. Said owner is trying to cover his own tracks

Barrage

Oct 19, 2009
Liverpool
So, let me get tis straight......
You played for his team
You left his team
He's trying to get you to pay for playing for his team?
Said owner is suing his own team!!! go figure

The whole team bar one decided to start a new team because no sponsorship was promised for 2013. If we had continued with the original team name then we would have been sued for using said team without permission, even though the team name isnt trademarked. Didnt realise said owner has rights to abbreviations to S.W.A.T. !!!!

Last edited:

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
personally, I think that when you said you left, and a few of the others followed, maybe you hadn`t left, but just changed the name to which you played under, I mean you didn`t go to another Team to enter another Contract or even play/join another Team, otherwise you would be in S**t wouldn`t you. Maybe ???