Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP AND ADVISE NEEDED

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Consider these points:
I have not seen the original post with the letter, but if you go through the posts the situation changes from no contract or agreement ever existing, to the agreement being detailed on the team forum and having been updated at a later date.

Contract law in England requires:
An offer
Unconditional acceptance (this allows for counter offer & negotiation)
The existence of the agreement on the team forum indicates these 2 elements existed (even if subsequent individuals in the team hadn't been party to the original agreement they still take on responsibilties as appropriate by joining the team)
Consideration Everyone must get something out of it. The sponsor receives promotion, the team gets the sponsorship benefits
Terms Not everything in a contract or agreement is considered an enforceable term. This could have bearing on the current situation
Termination A way out of the contract. This definately has a bearing on the current situation
Damages This appears to be the crux of the matter, and the sponsor is seeking them
Intent There must be an intent that the contract or agreement is enforceable. This possibly has a bearing on the current situation as the original poster does not seem to feel he was in a contract (or that he has the impression that because he was told by another individual that the contract/agreement has been terminated or he was able to terminate
Sorry, should of made it clear that when I said "consider these points" it was directed at the OP and not you, my bad :p
But yes after looking back the whole situation is a bit vague and all over the place. :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Just strange when sports stars have their sponsorship terminated for bad image going against sponsors ideals, that all happens is said sponsorship just ceases. You don't get the sponsor wanting to recoup what the sponsor had outplayed initially.
A 'celebrity' sports stars sponsorship is a very different thing to paintball sponsorship.
A sponsor gets to use the stars name/reputation to associate with their product and is advertising.
They have a contract and can (and do sue) however the sponsor aims to use their advertising budget to promote their product and make more money - perhaps by wearing free boots.
If there is a situation that occurs in which the sponsor wants to disassociate themselves the first thing they do is walk away. They may follow up with a claim for costs

In paintball sponsorship of a team is a bit different, teams want things such as being equipped, free paint, transport but don't come with the great influence on advertising matter to say Iceland and Kerry Katona, she ended up bankrupt. Not a lot of point in sueing her.

This situation seems to be a different matter - from what I've read here the team haven't had their noses fall apart or brought the sponsor into disrepute.

The original post had details that were best not publicly disclosed and were withdrawn. The people concerned need to be speaking to each other and trying to resolve something.
The gist of this thread is there probably is an agreement under which the sponsor may have a legitimate claim.

fathead

Mar 29, 2010
wirral
There is a lot of things we need to discuss with each other, and I will send him a letter. But there is a lot of things promised to us that never happened, I can't prove anything the we the team paid for and am sure he can't prove what he has given us, it's just a whole stupid situation that from what I see it has just gone to far and is stupid, the team played for 2012 an came 2nd nothing has been given for 2013 so he hasn't lost a thing, and he gained a 2nd place season trophy, players come an go all the time, but to be singling out one individual isn't right when it's a whole team, i wasn't in charge of the team it wasn't my team I just played for the team and in the end was just accountable for what was happening each month ie, who was playing and what it was going to cost us the team, but like I said I will write a letter and go from there :)

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
On the basis of this thread I have decided to become a paintball agent...if anyone's got Pebbles number that would rock..

Last edited:
Reactions: Donk

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Next question:-

Can you link me to the team forum where the "contract", "agreement" or "sponsorship arrangement" was detailed?