Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP!! DM14 - Does this bolt look right??

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Hey ladies/gents,

Just brought a DM14 second hand and on closer inspection of the bolt it appears that the bolt tipp has caved in on one side and is not an entire circle.

The guy was really helpful and said that he brought it like that and Dye Techs have looked at the marker and have said its not a problem and It won't effect accuracy, air efficiency or anything at all but I just want to make sure this is true.

Image below, hopefully it's clear enough for you to see the issue.

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Looks like it's just the soft tip that is out of shape. The red rubber bit.
Take it out and have a look at the metal to see if that is in shape.
The soft tip can be replaced if deformed but it may just not be fitted right?
Thanks for your comment! However the tip does seem to be stuck down, not sure if to pull off as worried if I break the rubber tip completely.

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Okay I will check when I get back home and see if I can pull it out. I have ordered a replacement part from Dye but coming from US so god knows how long it will take to get here.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
It won't really affect how the marker operates. It's literally there to help cushion the ball when the system is activated.

Yeah, it might affect how the air hits the paintball, but those effects will largely be dissipated within the first couple inches of barrel.

In short - don't remove it. Play with it. At the next event where there's a Dye Tech, get them to replace it for you. Alternatively, send it off to one of the places at the bottom of this website and they'll sort it out for you. in fact - @mrb2287 might be able to help you with your woes

Reactions: Lukehickson

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
At one of the big games this year my friend had the problem where the red soft tip would fly out of the barrel when he fired the DM14. He told me that It went to the dye tech and he was told to glue the soft tip in place, wierdest thing I have ever heard for a pro level marker

Reactions: Lukehickson