Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help E-trigger problems

Joshua Robson

Aug 13, 2013
Newcastle
Hi all, I recently bought a tippmann x7 phenom that was absolutely destroyed, as a project, I have finally fixed the gun up so that its like new except for one thing.... the e-trigger. The e-trigger works to an extent, basically inside the gun the magnet that activates the board was snapped off ( the guy who had this gun previously clearly didnt treat it well) luckily the magnet was attached to a bit of metal inside the trigger. I then reattached the magnet to its correct location.... I then had to do some rewiring because one of the wires that connected the battery to the circuit was nipped and had snapped. Finally once i had fixed everything up i then put it all back together and tested it.

The e-trigger fires 2 shots then does not fire on the third pull to engage full-auto, i took it apart fiddled with it then tried again it worked or at least i could hear the solenoid clicking rapidly. I then tried putting paint through it again fired the first 2 then no full-auto however this time i could hear it clicking. Took it apart again fiddle put it together again then this time it was firing on the pull and release of the trigger then just the first two shots. I then reprogrammed it to factory settings just in case, it fired full-auto then when i put paint through it it fired again the first 2 then no full-auto but could hear the click. However I have found that when i switch to off then back on it turns to firing on pull and release, then if i turn it off again and back on it only fires two shots per second maximum, as before. its as though it skips through the firing modes but then stops working. But every time i reset to factory settings it fires in full-auto.

So to summarise the e-trigger seems to skip firing modes when switched off and back on and does not fire in full-auto but the solenoid will click to indicate it is firing full-auto and will only fire a maximum of two shots per second instead of going into full-auto. Personally i think the problem is the chip that controls the solenoid or the solenoid itself, which means I'd probably need to replace the board which i want to avoid if possible. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Josh