Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

help for a little project, soldering required

7lash

Planet R&D
Has anybody actually seen (with their own eyes - as opposed to anyone elses ;)) a RF module?

I am very interested in the dimensions - as there isn't a lot of room inside most markers (especially my sons ION).

Ta
22mm x 7.5mm x 7mm. Connector is 7mm long, so if you use this rather than soldering directly onto the module then the depth increases to 14mm at that point.

Hope this helps.

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
22mm x 7.5mm x 7mm. Connector is 7mm long, so if you use this rather than soldering directly onto the module then the depth increases to 14mm at that point.

Hope this helps.
Are they a solid box (filled with resin) or do you reckon they could be butchered to be made smaller?

I guess the pins could be bent flat then soldered to making total size of around 10 maybe less depending on your solder skills.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Are they a solid box (filled with resin) or do you reckon they could be butchered to be made smaller?
And you took this p*ss out of my gear bag :eek:

Just chop a hole in the side of your marker instead;)

(it's not like you'd void the smart parts warranty or anything is it)?:rolleyes: :D

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
And you took this p*ss out of my gear bag :eek:

Just chop a hole in the side of your marker instead;)

(it's not like you'd void the smart parts warranty or anything is it)?:rolleyes: :D
Not worried about my marker, I fancy the swiss cheese look anyway.
Just thinking about others who maybe limited on room.
If all else fails, hole in the back of the marker then gaffa tape the rf unit to your airbottle (was going to say testicles but I know ur wife has them stashed in a trophy case ) :D

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
hi guys, i have just tried the module with my harness.

when i figured out how to set it up, synched up sweet, and worked a treat. no air to test with loader, but seemed fine

the 3 plug pin is totally different to the ego one, bigger, but i just soldered it to the harness and all seemed good.

have no idea where to get this type of plug from, but then im sure someone will find one somewhere.

just so that u know it works, but not a non solder solution, altho a no risk solder solution. the chip came with a wire harness, maybe for a different marker, maybe they come with special ones, just select board type.

deadbox

Moving On
Oct 27, 2005
www.dyematrix.com
Visit site
Rob,

Can you just confirm for me the location of the RF transmitter in the slide-out tray? I think it is the small black unit that has been installed in the top right hand corner of the tray, as you look down on it from the rear.

I picked up a hopper last week, but have not had chance to get my head around it yet. Mine was also supplied without a manual! Anyone have access to one?

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
the rf transmitter is a seperate piece of kit, u can buy it from lips or other places soon.

do not take the tray apart, it aint in there.

as for manual it is really easy to set up once u know how. look for installing rf module pulse in google, u will get a vid link