Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP!! (I'M FAIRLY NEW)

Omar K

Nov 11, 2012
hi, i have a bt-4 and today when putting my co2 in i heard a hissing sound that i havn't heard before... i fired off the gun and took the tank out as soon as i heard this, when i put the tank back in there was no hissing but when it came to taking the tank out co2 started coming out the bleed hole on the ASA adapter. i decided to try again and the tank started hissing whilst putting it on aswell as taking it off... i then tried one more time with no issue? is this a problem with the gun or the tank? is it worth worrying about? any help appreciated

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
using C02 on a gun sometimes leak when you put it on because the "O" ring hasn`t seated properly around the neck of the reg or it may have a crack in it as they get brittle because of the C02, very often I just drop an "O" ring into the feed then screw the bottle reg in on top, usually does the trick.
C02 is basicly Ice Particles going through your gun and freezes parts, going on to damage parts, especially the connectors to the line, you did the right thing by unscrewing the bottle then screwing it back in, there are a load of reasons why the change to air , this is just one of them.

Last edited:

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
I personally wouldn't be recommending dropping o-rings into an asa to a newbie. I've seen plenty pushed into the bleed hole so probably not that wise. However removing the o-ring on your tank, cleaning the underneath and the bottle thread and putting a new o-ring on would not hurt.

Last edited:

Graham Eastes

May 24, 2013
I found seals do go quickly if you let the CO2 leak past them, when taking the bottle off i used to turn it just before it hissed then fired off the trapped co2, that way it doesn't force past the o-ring.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Not sure on that question as I think on the Envy they have a reverse rail to take an OOPs, best bet is to ask "Jon or Chris " at Lips > top of this page. they would be more than happy to put you right, when you do ?? ask to see if they have an in line OOPs instead of coming out of the side, It may be better for you ??