Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help!! Inconsistant Velocity

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
I was at Kenny's on Sunday and everytime I chronoed my marker the velocity was all over the place. i.e. (first shot) 290fps (second) 250 (third) 270 and on occasions it was consistant between 290 - 299. Why does it vary so much as it is quite annoying when your in field, when a few shots can be straight and hit the target and others go all over the place or do not reach the target.

A couple of people suggested getting a regulator, would this sort my problem out? If so, what regulator should I go for and how much do they roughly cost?

Any other suggestions would be welcome. My marker spec is below.

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
i will have to stay on CO2 for now, if i convert too air it would cost a bomb and I might aswell upgrade my marker for something better but I am happy with mine at the moment, its just this velocity problem.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
with an expansion chamber, co2 should be relatively good. and the onyl thing i could recomend is a reg.
However, i dont know enough about the tippy to comment on which one to use.
If its standard thread (which it should be) anything that will fir a cocker will fit it, and thats quite alot.
But dont you ever get the feeling your flogging a dead horse?
i know youve been happy with your tippy uptill now. but it might be time to look for something slightly more .... Refined :)

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
I've only just got this marker, upgraded from my standard tippy. I am happy for what I want to use it for which is rec balling, not really into sup air. What regulator should get, which is not too expensive, what do you recommend oh wise one

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
um.... not sure i could tell ya, jeevus usually has all the latest market research into these things. (hes got nothing better to do with his time)

but with a reg, you get what you pay for, and if you go too cheap, youll end up getting no gain.

as a quick thought, is your expansion chamber mounted like a foregrip??? that might be a problem (cos thats where the reg would go.

if henry upgrades his reg, maybe try his old stock cocker reg on it (if he'll let ya), see if that improves things.

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
Cheaper than regulator would be the Low pressure chamber, but then you need a T vert adapter.

What was the paint like, it might not like the flatline.