Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help!! Inconsistant Velocity

WGP2002MaxFlo

Oct 9, 2002
Uptown NYC, USA
Visit site
leave him alone already, he like his tippman. hell i got a cocker and i still got mad love for tippmanns, reliability is usually great. try throwing a cocker in muddy water or try pulling the trigger carelessly on a cocker like you can on a tippmann (i'm reffering to shortstroking)

neddy, get the low pressure kit and the palmer stabilizer and watch how many cocker guys you'll take out from long range.

dont get me wrong i love cockers, i just think people dont give tippmann as much credit as they deserve

BY THE WAY- tippmann customer service is great- no questions asked service, you should try calling neddy

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Whats an outkast cocker?! Do you even need to ask? I suppose your not as up to date as you can be with that shoddy piece of metal you call a marker. :D
The outkast is a work of art my friend. Ok, maybe the use of the word "shoddy" is a bit harsh, after all the milling on your marker isnt that bad. It's just not as nice as mine. :p

See you sunday mate :cool:

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Going back to paint.....

Neddy - what was the bore/ball size match like? You can get a pretty big variation in consistency by having an oversized barrel. Also, there's been a few batches of paint around lately of various makes where there's been a bit of inconsistency in the ball size even within the same box, which will affect velocity.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
hey, skullls, his outkast cocker, and you expensive love cannon have nothing on my cocker.
I think i can almost safely say that i posess the ugliest cocker in the south of england :)

you cant beat that.

hey what does it matter anyway skulls, you are still only hitting things 1 in every 10 shots. Even if your milling is pretty. ................
Come to think of it, in a game it takes jeeves a pot to hit a stationary target once from 20ft away.
Must be something to do with flash markers.

What do ya think neddy?

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
i always use diablo paint (blaze) that or marbalize are the best paint for flatline barrels. A low pressure kit and the palmer stabilizer what does that consist of and roughly how much will it cost

comments, recommendations (but not about getting another marker or cocker):D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I also always use Diablo (mostly Blaze, a bit of Midnight) but I've used 3 different inserts in my Freak recently so don't assume that if you play with the same paint it will always be the same size. Also, the atmospheric conditions (temperature, air moisture) can affect the paint size.

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
november academy is on the 17th
then there is the christmas party, which im sure you know, is on the 15th Dec.

the palmer reg has raving reviews from wat i read.
prices for the reg i cant find exactly, but regs in general range from about £45 to anything upto £100 +
the low pressure kit, again, youll have to try and get a price from a uk dealer.
though im not so sure that will make a HUGE differance. But the reg WILL.
i once set my cocker up with a 3 stage regulation on CO2
damn consistent. :)
bit of overkill though

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Skulls - that sounds good mate. Maybe we can get Copsey if he is comming. We can kick some ass!

Billy - you and I both know my accuracy even with a cocker and freak kit is dire but I am working on it. My theory now is to shoot all over the place so that in the hope that the player leaves his/her bunker, they will run into something.

Neddy - I also noticed alot of dimples at the last academy which was strange. That could have been another factor in why you had such bad inconsistency.
As for regs and LP kits, only WGP2002 has mentioned the LP kits so he might know what he is talking about with tippy's but I dont think you can go wrong with a good reg on it.
I think all you need to do is sort out your bottle and antisyphon, then if you have anymore problems get a regulator.
If there is still a problem, I will cry for you. :(