Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help me please

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Hello, I recently got a gun and I am confused about some of the settings which I am confused about are rate of fire ever off, dwell, pull debounce, release debounce, ball in place time, anti bolt stick wait, anti bolt stick dwell, ramp start, ramp sustain and ramp reset.
Sorry that there is a lot i am just a new player looking to learn it would be great if someone could tell me the meaning of these settings and what they do many thanks.

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Hi there, welcome aboard

Sure you'll get more in depth answers here at some point, but my long term rule on all of that is...ignore all of it, and use appropriate factory settings.

you can tune the heck out of the settings to make the thing shoot the way you want, but you have to know what you're doing and it has to be worth the effort. I've played the last couple of seasons just knowing how to set my gun to factory semi and setting the bps rate to the 10.5 that the rules allow...the rest is just noise to me (mostly)

If you're new, I'd suggest getting it working, set up as "legal" for where you play and just play, deal with the rest of it when you've a lot more experience (and then only if you need it- I've been playing since 1989 and I still don't understand/care about most of the above :p )

:D

Reactions: Bolter

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Knowing the marker model helps but read the manual, most explain everything.
As above there is really only one accepted rule set, NXL 10.5 and any event will require you to use it.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Use good batteries, carry spare batteries, basic tools and your manual - if it came with a carry case and accessories then that’s you sorted.
If possible then download a PDF copy of the manual to your phone

You can then deal with 99% of any problems or have the help of another player.

Firstly, if you have changed any settings already then do a factory reset.

To play you need to be within:
1) the sites velocity (Balls are shot within a maximum FPS). You can’t do anything about that without test firing, so save that for when you are on site

2) the sites rate of fire
Default settings may be suitable
A walk-on site may require semi auto at x BPS
A tournament format site may require a specific rule set / pre set mode, such as NXL
If your guns settings do not include that pre set mode then the appropriate settings can still be made, eg semi auto, BPS etc
You may also need to select a combination of an initial mode and adjust the BPS

All the other fine tuning is just lots of settings that can be changed to adjust how the circuit board works the gun.
They could be adjusted to the nth degree for the absolute best efficiency, to run at its best in extreme temperatures such as California to Canada.
As long as it shoots reliably, in the vague direction you pointed it and you can shoot the amount of balls you need to carry per game then the gun is perfectly fine

BPS = quantity of balls fired per second
FPS = number of feet per second that a ball travels

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Hi there, welcome aboard

Sure you'll get more in depth answers here at some point, but my long term rule on all of that is...ignore all of it, and use appropriate factory settings.

you can tune the heck out of the settings to make the thing shoot the way you want, but you have to know what you're doing and it has to be worth the effort. I've played the last couple of seasons just knowing how to set my gun to factory semi and setting the bps rate to the 10.5 that the rules allow...the rest is just noise to me (mostly)

If you're new, I'd suggest getting it working, set up as "legal" for where you play and just play, deal with the rest of it when you've a lot more experience (and then only if you need it- I've been playing since 1989 and I still don't understand/care about most of the above :p )

:D
Thank you so the only ones I really need to focus on the firing mode and the bps rate all of the other settings are just irrelevant at the moment?

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Knowing the marker model helps but read the manual, most explain everything.
As above there is really only one accepted rule set, NXL 10.5 and any event will require you to use it.
Hello, would you mind explaining what NXL 10.5 means thanks

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Use good batteries, carry spare batteries, basic tools and your manual - if it came with a carry case and accessories then that’s you sorted.
If possible then download a PDF copy of the manual to your phone

You can then deal with 99% of any problems or have the help of another player.

Firstly, if you have changed any settings already then do a factory reset.

To play you need to be within:
1) the sites velocity (Balls are shot within a maximum FPS). You can’t do anything about that without test firing, so save that for when you are on site

2) the sites rate of fire
Default settings may be suitable
A walk-on site may require semi auto at x BPS
A tournament format site may require a specific rule set / pre set mode, such as NXL
If your guns settings do not include that pre set mode then the appropriate settings can still be made, eg semi auto, BPS etc
You may also need to select a combination of an initial mode and adjust the BPS

All the other fine tuning is just lots of settings that can be changed to adjust how the circuit board works the gun.
They could be adjusted to the nth degree for the absolute best efficiency, to run at its best in extreme temperatures such as California to Canada.
As long as it shoots reliably, in the vague direction you pointed it and you can shoot the amount of balls you need to carry per game then the gun is perfectly fine

BPS = quantity of balls fired per second
FPS = number of feet per second that a ball travels
thank you will factory reset the marker and just focus on the velocity and the rate of fire as that is what you and other people have said I only need to focus on if you dont mind can you explain what the diffrence is between rate of fire ever off and rate of fire ever on is that when the rate of fire cap is turned off?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
thank you will factory reset the marker and just focus on the velocity and the rate of fire as that is what you and other people have said I only need to focus on if you dont mind can you explain what the diffrence is between rate of fire ever off and rate of fire ever on is that when the rate of fire cap is turned off?
Is it “ROF eyes on” and “ROF eyes off”?
If so then that is to allow for a lower ROF if you need to switch the eyes off.

When the eyes are running reliably then they detect when the next ball is in the breach ready to be fired. You can have a high ROF set, and as long as the hopper is delivering balls to the breach then the gun will shoot up to the maximum that you have set.
If you have an eyes problem (they are dirty or the colour of the paintball shell isn’t reliably detected) then you may have a more conservative ROF to ensure that a ball is probably ready
You therefore can switch eyes off mid game when you have an issue that just needs you to slow down - then once out of the firefight can check things out properly

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Trigger Bounce was when a trigger would fire more than once per pull. This could be due to recoil, wobble, etc. It could also be an overly sensitive short trigger pull
Electronically additional signals could be sent as the switch cycles

Debounce is a setting to allow for erroneous bounce.
Pull debounce being how long the trigger must be activated to be counted as a valid pull
Release debounce is how long the minimum time must be before the next trigger pull can be counted

Ball in place time is the minimum time set that a ball must be registered in place in the breach before you can fire the next shot. This is to avoid a ball having only partially dropped into the breach at the risk of the bolt going forward while a ball is half way into the breach and physically chopping it.
A force feed hopper will quickly drop in the next ball after you fire and the bolt goes back. (Due to both the added force applied on balls, and by having balls lined up in a queue)
A gravity fed hopper can only feed as fast as the gravity works on the next ball, and as long as the balls aren’t jumping around in the hopper instead of going down the feed neck

Dwell is the time that the solenoid remains open and allows air to flow. It governs how much air is used per shot

“Anti bolt stick” is a system that extends the dwell time once you have paused between shots. This allows some extra air to launch the bolt from a standing start as opposed to constant firing in a burst.
This is to resolve some loss in velocity known as ‘first shot drop off’
Anti bolt stick wait is the time between shots before the ‘anti bolt stick’ is enabled
Anti bolt stick dwell is the extra time added to dwell

Ramping is an assisted mode to maintain a rate of fire. With manual pulls the gun shoots when you pull the trigger, and as quickly as you keep pulling the trigger.
Full auto would keep firing if you hold the trigger (this is not ‘safe’ as if you get tangled in a bush then instead of one misfire your gun keeps shooting
Semi auto keeps firing as long and as quickly as you keep pulling the trigger
Ramping begins in semi auto. Once you achieve a physical rate of fire with your finger the ramping mode will maintain the set ROF as long as you keep pulling the trigger, but you don’t have to keep your finger at the constant speed

Ramp start= the number of semi auto pulls that your finger needs to achieve to activate ramping
Ramp sustain= the minimum pull rate you must sustain to keep in ramping (the gun will fire at the set ramping ROF)
Ramp reset= the amount of time after a trigger pull that the ramping system will reset

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Is it “ROF eyes on” and “ROF eyes off”?
If so then that is to allow for a lower ROF if you need to switch the eyes off.

When the eyes are running reliably then they detect when the next ball is in the breach ready to be fired. You can have a high ROF set, and as long as the hopper is delivering balls to the breach then the gun will shoot up to the maximum that you have set.
If you have an eyes problem (they are dirty or the colour of the paintball shell isn’t reliably detected) then you may have a more conservative ROF to ensure that a ball is probably ready
You therefore can switch eyes off mid game when you have an issue that just needs you to slow down - then once out of the firefight can check things out properly
Thank you for helping me I understand the ROF eyes now but in the settings it doesn't give me an option to turn it off it only give me and option to change the rate of fire when it is on and off also If the gun was in semi-auto will the ramping settings still take place such as 'ramp start' if so is there any way I can turn off ramping? all of the things you listed above like the definitions I find it quite confusing at the moment will I be okay if I just focus on the fire mode, rof, and velocity as before you said that these are the key ones and the other ones are things like getting the gun to run in the best efficiency or best temperatures

Last edited: