Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help me please

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Thank you for helping me I understand the ROF eyes now but in the settings it doesn't give me an option to turn it off it only give me and option to change the rate of fire when it is on and off also If the gun was in semi-auto will the ramping settings still take place such as 'ramp start' if so is there any way I can turn off ramping? all of the things you listed above like the definitions I find it quite confusing at the moment will I be okay if I just focus on the fire mode, rof, and velocity as before you said that these are the key ones and the other ones are things like getting the gun to run in the best efficiency or best temperatures
If you select a mode such as “semi” then the ramping settings will be treated as off, they will only apply if a ramping mode is active

What’s the gun? Then we can give you pointers for what to select

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Thank you for helping me I understand the ROF eyes now but in the settings it doesn't give me an option to turn it off it only give me and option to change the rate of fire when it is on and off also If the gun was in semi-auto will the ramping settings still take place such as 'ramp start' if so is there any way I can turn off ramping? all of the things you listed above like the definitions I find it quite confusing at the moment will I be okay if I just focus on the fire mode, rof, and velocity as before you said that these are the key ones and the other ones are things like getting the gun to run in the best efficiency or best temperatures
May have missed where you posted what type of gun it is, but normally if it's in semi mode it's one shot per pull of the trigger and there is no ramp. Ramp is a setting that replaces semi. If you set both ROF to whatever the BPS rate you're allowed to shoot at (10.5 for example) in semi, it will allow you to shoot up to that limit no matter what as long as you can move the trigger 10.5 times a second.

Ramp is the alternative that was described earlier that once you hit a certain trigger pull rate the electronics will 'ramp' the BPS rate up to 10.5 and hold it there as longs as you move the trigger at the required rate to maintain the ramp. (IMO ramping is for lazy players that didn't learn to shoot fast :p)

So set the board to factory standard, ROT to semi, ROF caps to XX.X (whatever they are) and then leave them all the heck alone, use your reg to adjust the velocity if you need to and just play. :)

TBH I'd echo one of the bits of advice given earlier, find/download the manuals and read them.

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Nearly all markers work perfectly on factory settings.
Reality is the options to override the factory settings will 95% of the time just make the marker perform worse.

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
If you select a mode such as “semi” then the ramping settings will be treated as off, they will only apply if a ramping mode is active

What’s the gun? Then we can give you pointers for what to select
the gun is a empire axe pro

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
Nearly all markers work perfectly on factory settings.
Reality is the options to override the factory settings will 95% of the time just make the marker perform worse.
May have missed where you posted what type of gun it is, but normally if it's in semi mode it's one shot per pull of the trigger and there is no ramp. Ramp is a setting that replaces semi. If you set both ROF to whatever the BPS rate you're allowed to shoot at (10.5 for example) in semi, it will allow you to shoot up to that limit no matter what as long as you can move the trigger 10.5 times a second.

Ramp is the alternative that was described earlier that once you hit a certain trigger pull rate the electronics will 'ramp' the BPS rate up to 10.5 and hold it there as longs as you move the trigger at the required rate to maintain the ramp. (IMO ramping is for lazy players that didn't learn to shoot fast :p)

So set the board to factory standard, ROT to semi, ROF caps to XX.X (whatever they are) and then leave them all the heck alone, use your reg to adjust the velocity if you need to and just play. :)

TBH I'd echo one of the bits of advice given earlier, find/download the manuals and read them.
Thank you I am just going to factory reset it and change the stuff I need like BPS then keep the rest default all of you have been a great help thank you

Reactions: Cube

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019

All I see on the ROF CAP is yes or no, but on the ROF eyes on and off I can change the ROF to XX.X is that okay?

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
All I see on the ROF CAP is yes or no, but on the ROF eyes on and off I can change the ROF to XX.X is that okay?
You can set BPS limits for both eyes on and eyes off. Most set eyes off lower than eyes on. The ROF cap just refers to whether you wish to have these caps activated.
All this will be in the manual

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I’d say to go for:
Semi
10.5BPS

FIRE MODE- choose SEMI - Semi automatic firing up to max ROF

ROF Cap- Choose On.
ROF Eye On- Choose 10.5BPS
ROF Eye Off- You could still choose 10.5, or the lowest will be 8BPS. If your hopper will feed OK then you won’t need to drop the ROF cap for eyes off

(If you set ROF cap to off then the gun will shoot as fast as you pull the trigger, and any other ROF settings will be ignored)

Optionally:

Force Shot - ON
(That would allow you to hold the trigger for a second if the eyes are refusing to shoot due to no ball in breach, a shot will occur as if eyes were off and may clear the problem)

You cannot pre-set the eyes. They will be active whenever you switch on the Axe.

1. EYES ON, empty breech ( )
2. EYES ON, ball in breech. (o)
3. EYES OFF. Off
4. EYE malfunction. (X)

Hold the pad button up to turn the eyes on/off while you are playing

It will not fire unless the eyes think a ball is ready, if the eyes think there is a problem then they will reduce the ROF to 8BPS on a standard Axe, or to the setting you choose on an Ace Pro. You can still shoot but won’t achieve 10.5 (or whatever maximum you have pre-set)
To disable the eyes press the button and you will then be able to fire

CJW1243

Nov 30, 2019
I’d say to go for:
Semi
10.5BPS

FIRE MODE- choose SEMI - Semi automatic firing up to max ROF

ROF Cap- Choose On.
ROF Eye On- Choose 10.5BPS
ROF Eye Off- You could still choose 10.5, or the lowest will be 8BPS. If your hopper will feed OK then you won’t need to drop the ROF cap for eyes off

(If you set ROF cap to off then the gun will shoot as fast as you pull the trigger, and any other ROF settings will be ignored)

Optionally:

Force Shot - ON
(That would allow you to hold the trigger for a second if the eyes are refusing to shoot due to no ball in breach, a shot will occur as if eyes were off and may clear the problem)

You cannot pre-set the eyes. They will be active whenever you switch on the Axe.

1. EYES ON, empty breech ( )
2. EYES ON, ball in breech. (o)
3. EYES OFF. Off
4. EYE malfunction. (X)

Hold the pad button up to turn the eyes on/off while you are playing

It will not fire unless the eyes think a ball is ready, if the eyes think there is a problem then they will reduce the ROF to 8BPS on a standard Axe, or to the setting you choose on an Ace Pro. You can still shoot but won’t achieve 10.5 (or whatever maximum you have pre-set)
To disable the eyes press the button and you will then be able to fire
(y)