Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help new player

Richiemonk

Jul 24, 2005
Norfolk
the DM is classed as a "Spoolie" or Spool valve gun. If you like that sort of system, have a look at an Etha, they are very well made and you can pick one up on the forums for a very reasonable price. An excellent starter marker.

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I'm in Wickford. We have an event thus weekend if you want to come along and watch. Can use the opportunity to talk with other teams and try out their markers over the range....

rob hemingway

Invert Mini
Sep 8, 2013
Hull
I have a full set up for sale, cant sell on here yet as ive not posted enough :(

Invert mini with empire prophecy hopper, can be ramped upto fire 19 BPS :D

have fun mate

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
Hi Jack, welcome to this wonderful sport.

My advise is you have your mask, Next I'd suggest purchasing a Hopper and Air tank, this way you can borrow markers and use your own air/hopper. This also gives you a chance to try out various markers to find what you like best. (and save for it.
Also do you have playing kit (pants etc?) whilst not as important. as you can wear camouflage kit or anything really.
Also if you eventually join a team they'll have their own preferences to playing gear.
That said a pod pack can be useful too.

next tip, get out and play, walk ons, big games, open training sessions and the like always worth attending, as are pro clinics held by pro players will help you with your drills and skills.

Buying kit:- I would recommend things like mask be bought new or if bought 2nd hand, buy a new lens as 2nd hand ones can be scratched and maybe weakened. and the Air tank new as this will give you the expanded lifespan and not require testing and so on.
But the rest of it, pants, jerseys, markers, hoppers can all be bought 2nd hand, and some bargains to be had.

There are bits and pieces drill wise you can do at home, like practice a snap shot in front of a mirror, to finger "rocking" on both hands,
exercises to build up stamina.
and field postures so you can make yourself as small a target as possible but maximise the attack on your opponent.

hope this gives you something to go with.

If you can, pick up some copies of PGI, always full of tips and tricks from professionals and players all over the world

but most of all, have fun and enjoy!

Reactions: Jake_134

Tony-Carlisle

BAD INTENTIONS UK
May 21, 2017
CARLISLE
Jack - most paintballers and even shops etc will give all the advise you require ... try even asking Robbo or other pro or ex pro players !! hope this helps