Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help please

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Hi,

I've just bought a 2nd hand proto rail and just started to take it apart for servicing (seems its not been much loved), it has a leak somewhere so and going to do a complete o ring swap out and re lube.

My problem is the can will not unscrew. I'm trying to warm it up with hot water to see if it will give, but so far no luck.

Any suggestions as to other things I can try, I really don't want to put a grips/clamp on the can just in case I scratch it.

N.B I've a reflex rail and an NT so know how these "should" come apart.

Any help greatly appreciated.

JMC1337

Apr 2, 2011
its going to be hard to do, if you live near a diy store they might be able to do it for you. not hard to do just explain to them your problem. i would advise not using any kind of clamps or grids unless well protected

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
You will scratch that gun if you clamp it. Even if you use foam and a t-shirt. If something isn't working right... there is a problem. You could have crud in there stopping it or be breaking the marker every time you twist it. If you absolutely can't get a tech to help you make sure you heat the area. The previous owner could have filled it with LocTite. My guess is that that it wasn't properly lubed and has gotten stuck in there. At worst though this guy broke it threading it back in. Welcome to the hard decisions in buying a used marker. But no; a Proto comes apart like butta. Something is wrong.