Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help Required invert mini

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
So how come my bottle comes straight off my Mini? Can't see how this is dependant on the marker having xyz other than poor machining or the bottle being the issue?
Think we'll test my bottle in yours Phil and see if it makes a difference.

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
Ive looked around and there is a few threads on the webs saying that this can occur, but can damage the thread, most people suggesting that you get the on/off ASA

DRxFelix

Durka Rabbits
Jan 14, 2014
Sunbury on Thames
So how come my bottle comes straight off my Mini? Can't see how this is dependant on the marker having xyz other than poor machining or the bottle being the issue?
Think we'll test my bottle in yours Phil and see if it makes a difference.
Id rather not risk yours being in the same position dude.

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Personally I'd say it's bollocks ( having a long **** day in Austria so raging here ) trust me I'm a scientist I'll test it with mine and test this theory, impossibru I say.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Thoroughly clean the threads on both bottle & asa. Lubricate both threads lightly with marker lube (silicon-based stuff).
Ensure the o-ring on the bottle thread is in good condition.
Use a thread protector (<£5) on the bottle when not in use.
Have had same probs with several minis; after doing the above, able to unscrew the bottle with ease when gassed up.
Just for the record, I would not advise putting any oil or lubricant anywhere near your REALLY HIGH PRESSURE air system. Although its likely to be fine, it is not worth the risk. Cleaning the threads with an old toothbrush will do the same job.

Reactions: Harbinger

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Hydrocarbon-based lubricants, you're right, Bolter.

Silicon-based lube has a low chemical-reactivity, amongst other properties, hence its use in high-pressure systems. eg diving equipment.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hydrocarbon-based lubricants, you're right, Bolter.

Silicon-based lube has a low chemical-reactivity, amongst other properties, hence its use in high-pressure systems. eg diving equipment.
Its not you im worried about. They see you doing something safe, pop home, and wd40 their fill nipples. Personally, if you want to do it, fine, but be careful how you word it publicly.