Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

HELP! screw problems

Adamhenders

Hammer 7, Expendables
May 7, 2013
Durham
hey ive got a problem with my screws in my bt4 assault, simply put the screws heads are threaded, how do i get them out to replace?

Thanks

matj

Mar 22, 2013
The internet has a wide range of solutions...

my usual is using a rotary tool to create a notch for a philips headed screw driver but you run the risk of creating more damage dependent on the size of the screw etc.

There are also tools for threaded screw removal etc but i have never tried them. The best option really is to use google and consider all the options. Even simple things such as using an elastic band in between the screw driver and threaded screw can work. As long as it isnt totally destroyed.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Sacrifice a hex tool by aralditing it to the head of the bolt, but that works for one (or two if you use the other end)
A weaker glue may work if the bolts are not too tight, then you can seperate and go for be next bolt
Try the wrong size / mix imperial and metric to see if you can get enough grip
Use a penknife as a screwdriver
Cut into the head to make a screwdriver slot
Drill into the head - but this only separates and leaves the body of the bolt
Use a screw extraction set - reverse drill a tool into the head and then unscrew the bolt using the tool

Last edited:
Reactions: Adamhenders

matj

Mar 22, 2013
I have the same on my solenoid on my mini at the moment so i feel your pain. Unfortunately im in the process of moving house so i have no access to the gear i need to sort it.

Araldite sounds good though...may try that as i have access to an allen key! (p.s. ... random irrelevant knowledge. These was a court case for the Araldite fortune, its not only the glue that causes sticky situations :ROFLMAO:... )

Reactions: Adamhenders

matj

Mar 22, 2013
true. It's more so i can look at the product though. I've ordered a set purely so i can have a look at them and see whether its worth buying a decent set. I do the same with most other tools as i hate the cheap and nasty stuff but there is no point forking out a fortune on something i may not actually want/need.

£1.50 metal tools?... likely why the screw stripped in the first place :ROFLMAO: (well..definitely the case with me...my drapers are hidden away! had to rely on cheap crappy screwdrivers i had lying around (n))