Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help the noob

R.Edmunds82

Aug 4, 2012
Swansea, Wales, UK
Hi all I hope someone can help.

I've just brought a second hand bottle that has just passed its first test date so looking at getting it hydro tested.

I'm aware of lips and just paintball doing it and that the turn around us around 2-3 weeks.

I've found a site in north Wales that will do a test for £15 for a single bottle and the turn around is about 2 days, although you do have to arrange your own pick up and drop off: http://www.buckley-industrial.co.uk/2014/03/paintball-gun-gas-cylinder-testing/

Has anyone used these guys before?

Secondly, I have found a dive centre locally that does testing but they give a type of certificate called an IDEST certificate. Would this be accepted at sites/tournaments? The tank is still getting hydro tested so I don't see it being a problem.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I've used LIPS for multiple bottle testing. I'm sure that I could find others to do it, but I know they will manage the process.

I think the IDEST is the industry accreditation, so it shouldnt be an issue. I presume you have asked the diveshop and explained the request? If they are comfortable, then I don't see it being a problem

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As above IDEST is industry

The rehydro test is fine, it is conducted to the standards of the type of cylinder and there are markings that specify the criteria
An IDEST sticker with the right information is good enough for me to conforn conpliance when checking people's bottles, but I will also still look for Pi (or if not found keep looking for HSE etc) and General condition (it may be in test but subsequently damaged - some things I will reject, such as damage to the surface, but may question as to whether its been looked at, eg I will make a personal decision on surface damage but am not a 'competent person', I would err on the side of safety but if you have surface damage and can reasonably show its been checked since then it's good for me. Eg get the tester to annotate the certificate

Normally the bottle markings and stickers are what I look for
You will also receive a certificate
As a checker I don't normally need it but if there's something like a minor chip and it's been checked and cleared then having s copy of your cert reassures the sites