Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

help with barrels plez

maddankiller

Rick O'shay the irish cowboy
Jul 21, 2013
southampton (eastleigh)
hello eveyone :)
i was just wondering what is the difference with barrels if there is any?
and i have seen different sizes like .683, .686, .689, .692 what are they for or are they to fit differnet markers??
sorry if im sounding stupid im new to paintball :)
please let me know
thanks dan

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
the .68? is the bore of the barrel i.e. the inner diameter of it. nothing to do with what gun they fit. changing the bore of a barrel to match the size/brand of paintball used. this generally gives better efficiency and consistancy over the chono.

The determaning factor of which barrel fits your gun is the thread, these are inmost cases either autococker which fit eclipse, dye , bob long , vanguard, mini/axe etc. Impulse or smartparts which fit all smartparts guns exept the sft shocker. Spyder for alot of the older budget guns and 2 angel threads one for the G7 and older and one for the a1.

hope this helps.

oh and a a5 thread for tippmans etc.

Reactions: Care_Bears

philfull

Newcastle Lockdown
Jul 24, 2008
toon
unless its marked you cant really tell. up till recently most guns had a .693 barrel as standard. what gat do hou have?

RyanGinge

Aug 22, 2013
Berkshire
The bore is basically how wide the barrel is, the tighter the bore to your paintballs, the more efficient and accurate your marker is.

Different Barrle swill also effect the sound signature of your marker and the accuracy, the longer the Barrel. The more accurate. They also come in different thread types depending on your marker.

This is just the tip of the iceberg bro.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
besides the barrels being of different sized bore you could get what it seems like most have bought and that is the Freek inserts to put into the barrel to match the balls, but I must confess I use the same as in the Video = Techt I-Fit inserts as do others in the Team and find them a Fantastic thing to have, Not only match the ball bore but they give that little bit more power which means we turn down our guns to shoot that little bit more paint as the guns Don`t use as much air .. Great investment to any player.