Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

help with ion :(

RedishPaintballVet

Semi-retired
Aug 10, 2007
Warrington
I imagine you have a Q-loc (clamp feed neck) already since the stock ones are useless. If not get one otherwise you could find you hopper going walkies if you do any diving.

I have an epiphany which is similar to the Ion, just with higher rated internals. I got myself a freak barrel (insert) kit and an s-rail mount to get a nice gun position. Remember you can get different freak barrel backs so that you can use the your freak barells on non smart part markers should you ever upgrade to a mid/pro level marker.

Having tried an Ego 08, Ego 07 (a few people have mentioned these in this post) and Etek, I personally would go for a Etek or now the Etek2 as the performance difference is minimal, they share similar components and the price difference is huge. Overall Planet Eclispe markers are very well built and seem the most popular amongst the pros.

Inverted

Nov 18, 2007
When most people post there ion set up they always have a ton of upgrades,
i would say just buy a better gun for the money you would spend if you fully deck out the thing, or only buy the essential upgrades then leave it be.

Trust me, if you buy a ton of upgrades one day you will look at your ion... then look at someone else with an ego, then you will pull a face like this one :(

Brilliant guns for the start up price though!

CAMDENELECTRIC

KU Nemesis
Jun 4, 2007
Newcastle Under-Lyme
The thing is, you are telling him to buy a new marker but for the most of us money dosn't actually grow on trees....
After paying £150 or whatever silly amount. getting a new marker will be the last thing wants to do. He asked for advice on what to get and the thread above is probably one of the best threads on the subject.

The Best Upgrade For A Ion?
The Skip...
Very mature......