Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Help With My First Pmr 08

Kirby

Banned
Dec 21, 2008
Kent
well maybe harsh but its is the truth. an electro marker is going to be more dangerous in the wrong hands , the fact that the world ELECTRO comes from the word Electricity surley u dont think they run on thin air ?

ShimmerShot

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2008
Midlands
I saw this on the NSPL forum and thought it couldn't be real...

How old are you Dale?

When are you next likely to next go to a walk-on or tournament? That would probably be the best place to get answers to your question.

CPPS and NSPL events are probably the best places for you to go and get answers IN PERSON, as apposed to talking to someone over the phone.

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
i just realised that you were asking us about the best hopper for a proto SLG about two threads down. do you have a PMR or an SLG? either way you should know you need a battery.

Paintball ExcLuSiiVe

Here To Help!
Jun 22, 2009
United Kingdom, South-west, Devon
Wow Guys, Yes im New, Yes I Just Got A New Gun And Yes Im Asking For Help. I Thought That Forums Help New People How To Get Started In paintball Not B**ch About Them Because They Dont Know Anything About it.

Seriously, If You Cant Help A New Player Like Me Out Then I Would Quit The Forum, I Though Thats what Forums Were All About.

- Dale

Sugz

Fortiter et Recte!!
Aug 22, 2006
Try to ignore the negativity mate.
there are two (main) types of marker available, Electronic and Mechanical.
A mechanical Marker runs completely off Air (weather it be CO2 or Compressed Air), ie the operation of the marker runs off a series of springs, sears, valves (< Correct if wrong).
On the other hand, you sir have brought an electronic marker. These require a battery in order to run the circuit board inside the marker (the circuit board is responsible for the management of the markers functions for the most part) The circuit board essentially replaces the 'mechanical or moving parts parts' that do the same thing on a mechanical marker, the board also allows for the use of a host of firing modes, and other useful features otherwise not available on a mechanical marker (like a eye vision system, dwell, etc etc)

Some consider a mechanical marker better for new comers to the sport. Simply because they are considered easier to use, understand and to learn from. Once familiar with that they normally wish to make the move to electronic markers.

ps. if any of the above is incorrect, feel free to make corrections. Its like explaining something you instinctively know but cannot explain ;)

Anyway, a battery is absolutely 100% required for your marker to operate fella, Best of luck
-Sugz