Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

helpppp!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I'd love to find a 3.5oz co2 bottle that was marked as safe for use in the uk, for comparison on a phantom 3.5 oz is about 300 shots, same size air (8ci) would struggle to get 100.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
not 100% sure on the marking on co2 bottles but for some reason i have it in my head that the ones we use dont need a pi mark and that they dont need to be tested because of the small size, dont quote me though!
i did have a few 3.5oz bottles will try and find them to check how they are marked

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The size means they don't need retesting, but they should still be marked I think, suppose the solution would be to get my own bulk tank to fill from.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
just doing some google fu but cant find anything about markings, its been a while since i remember looking into it but i vaguely remember that the markings are totally different to bottle rated for air.....i defiantly do remember that some of my 3.5s did have DOT markings but that it also had CO2 stamped into them, possible that the dot rating for co2 is acceptable where are the dot rating for an air bottle isnt.....will try and root up some solid info, if i cant find anything will email Bully he will know for sure.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Before Pi marks were brought in cylinders were to British Standard EN numbers
Therefore a non Pi cylinder would be fine if it were to the appropriate British Standard - and in date, (or exempt from testing)

Canon Fodder

Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Before Pi marks were brought in cylinders were to British Standard EN numbers
Therefore a non Pi cylinder would be fine if it were to the appropriate British Standard - and in date, (or exempt from testing)
that's the problem, finding a 3.5oz tank that was originally tested to PI or british standard. I did find some 8ci air tanks with PI marks which I know would safely take 3.5oz of CO2 with the correct valve on but I don't know if I could then convince anyone to fill it. It all boils down to if the test for a CO2 cylinder is the same as the test for air.

Status
Not open for further replies.