Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Heresy! Controversy! How do I bottom line my TGR2? Anyone?

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
Controversial, But, I am looking at putting an old school style bottom line on my TGR2 and then playing with a 4.5k peanut bottle, anyone know if you can still get old school style converters to go into the bottom of the grip to allow an bottom line to be fitted?

I think this will give me the feel I am looking for in my marker, the "I look just like a real gun" isn't my thing, But I want to play magfed, so my TGR2 is gonna get some strange mods I guess ;)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
The one from cci (people that make the phantom) might fit, but you'd have to import it, or you could try arrow precision (people that make the sterling and inferno) and ask them for a euro grip and euro grip bottom line.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
why not use a 13/3000 tank-stock. You want something in your shoulder surely, especially if you plan to shoot first strike at all.

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
you can't sight down the barrel without it fouling your mask, hence dropping the tank, giving the ergonomics of supair, with the magfed/FS fun :D (currently have air in stock as standard with the TGR2)

This is me now.....

But want this:

WITHOUT A HOPPER ;)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
That's exactly the setup I'd go for if I decide to get a 'big' magfed gun. High level stocks just get in the way when you wear a mask - tank off a bottomline ASA is a much better setup, brings the top rail of the gun into your eyeline without having to crank your head at an odd angle. I'll be following your progress with interest! :)

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
How is the existing M16/AR15 grip held on? Just wondering if you could replace it with a .45 block from a Phantom - then you'd be able to just bolt a normal ASA to the bottom. Personally I've always hated M16 grips, had one on a Daystate Patriot and it was horrible, swapped it for a .45 block straight away.

http://www.airsoldier.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AOS&Product_Code=CCI-GRIPFRAME

Reading the blurb on the TGR2 it says "the pistol grip can be exchanged with almost all Gas Blow Back Airsoft AR platforms or real steel m4/m16 pistol grips."

Which makes me think that something like this would fit: http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/AR15/PG-AR15

...although you'd need to drill and tap the bottom to take ASA bolts and add a CCI wedge to keep the tank horizontal.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRA Headshot