Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hey all

Alex Dawson

Mar 22, 2016
Hey all,
After going paintballing on the odd birthday here and there since i was about 13, At the age of 30 I have finally taken the plunge and decided to get myself some equipment and start to play regularly.

I like playing woodsball and speedball equally, It would be nice to find a field where i can play regularly and do both.

It seems to me that most fields have their public days , wherby you have to buy their paintballs and play against the general public .. and then there are the walk-on days, where you bring your own paintballs and play against other enthusiasts.
Is it a harsh transition from public to walkons? will ALL the players be MUCH better? Is there anything inbetween?

I live in kent, So i guessed that some of the mayhem sites wouldnt be a bad place to start.

The equipment ive got so far is:

Dyei4 Mask
Dye 4500psi carbon fibre tank
Ninja V2 Regulator
Tippmann CrossoverXVR (I know its not well rated amongst the paintball community, but, i was drawn to it )
Clothing wise my motorcycle gear/army surplus seems to work well for now .

Reactions: Bolter

Hidden Hippo

Feb 15, 2011
London
Don't be afraid of going along to a walk-on. I went along to Mayhem near Theydon Bois this weekend as a lone wolf after ~3 years off and had a blast. You will get players who are very good, but the vast majority are just there for a fun day out. Compared to a rental day, yes, people are much better, but the only thing I would say is go along, don't take it seriously and shoot some paint. The community is really welcoming and supportive, and you'll no doubt make some friends just from being nearby in the safe zone.

Reactions: Alex Dawson

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Hi Alex, whereabouts in Kent are you?

Mayhem South East run regular walkons at Longfield and Sidcup - check out the MSE walkon community group on facebook. A friendly group and regularly have new players.

Mayhem at Abridge (probably Theydon Bois site mentioned above) run a single monthly walkon, a wider range of abilities but also bigger fields and better pricing. Staff and players there are all really friendly too!

MSE definitely don't have any sup'air fields, I believe that Mayhem Abridge set one up periodically or for their special events/big games.

Bricket Wood near St Albans (around 45 mins drive from the Dartford Crossing) have both sup'air fields and a monthly walkon, with all abilities. A lot of the tourney teams are willing to take on new players and train them too. Give Yorkie a call, his details are all over the recommended training/events section.

Otherwise for sup'air there's One41 near Brighton and Domination at Dymchurch.

Rob

Alex Dawson

Mar 22, 2016
@DOA: Shepherd I live on the isle of sheppey so longfield would be the closest for me to start off with, getting into a team would definitely be an aspiration too so ill take a look at that training page, thanks.

@Bolter Thank you, looking forward to getting stuck in.