Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hey! I'm new. Looking for a few tips on teams/ scenarios.

ImAz

Dec 25, 2017
@Bolter - Thanks mate! I think I am going to make a post in the scenario/ recball forum as per Tom's suggestion.

@Tom -

Regarding paintball calendar - That's a shame. I can see how that would've been a really good source of info for those who aren't 'in the loop'. What do you think about a centralised walk-on page that would allow you to buy tickets for different walkons and then allows sites to list tickets etc? That would be cool.

Regarding the kit list - thanks so much! That's perfect. I'm cautious about looking too eager as a newbie on the site, don't want to be an 'all the gear and no idea' guy. I'll take a look into getting some of the things off the essentials list.

Electrolytes had never even crossed my mind to be honest. I'll have a stroll round Lidl before the 9th and see what I can pick up.

If you're ever at a North London site let me know; I think I owe you a beer aha.

All the best Tom!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
@Bolter - Thanks mate! I think I am going to make a post in the scenario/ recball forum as per Tom's suggestion.

@Tom -

Regarding paintball calendar - That's a shame. I can see how that would've been a really good source of info for those who aren't 'in the loop'. What do you think about a centralised walk-on page that would allow you to buy tickets for different walkons and then allows sites to list tickets etc? That would be cool.

Regarding the kit list - thanks so much! That's perfect. I'm cautious about looking too eager as a newbie on the site, don't want to be an 'all the gear and no idea' guy. I'll take a look into getting some of the things off the essentials list.

Electrolytes had never even crossed my mind to be honest. I'll have a stroll round Lidl before the 9th and see what I can pick up.

If you're ever at a North London site let me know; I think I owe you a beer aha.

All the best Tom!
Yes, you don’t need everything to start

One thing I forgot was a barrel condom or plug.
You should have one with the gun, but it’s not guaranteed to be there when it got passed on to you
This is an essential for walkons as unlike punter rentals you’ll be taking your gear back to the safe zone all of the time

But most sites have a mini shop on site, and Bricketwood is co-located with the LiPs shop. So anything you need will be in stock, and will save you paying postage ordering in advance.
For many things there is no need for Paintball specific items.
Poundland etc are your friend, I have an unknown number of poundland microfibres all over the place, including giant ones which I have sewn up in half and use as goggle covers.

A central walkon ticket site rings a couple of alarm bells to me. It sounds nice and would make a focal point, but it adds a level of admin. Often walkons have started from keen players or a Marshall making it happen for the local crowd, and they continue as a combination of a seperation of regulars & punters and as a cheaper sustainable way for regulars to play at a nominal entry fee and better paint options at cheaper prices by the case.
These cheaper costs are partly due to less Marshall’s needed and partly minimum pricing. If there was a ticketing agent then a cut would be needed to sustain the admin and processes
Paintballers are also fickle - there are those who have to shoot people and practice as much as possible in any weathers, and those who don’t feel like rolling out of bed. The latter hate booking and making plans