Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hg 3

Legion

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
heres a chuckle for you guys....

i had never ever played pb on astro turf so i under estimated it.... on the first day and first game, i headed for my bunker (snake or some bunker along that line) and i slid on my knees....

the funny thing is, i was sliding and slid PAST my bunker, and got lit up. but apart from that the astro turf was quality !!! and a big change from playing on grass....

hopefully, will be there again next year !

railz

Jul 7, 2005
Wisconsin, USA
Visit site
I can't believe such a great event was held in my hometown - *when I'm living 8000 miles away!*

Arrrrghhhh!

Nice to see paintball is alive and kicking in the UK and I hope to be able to play with some of you guys if you make it to the US soon.

P.S What pubs did you guys all crash in Christchurch? :)

Cheers for all the big ups guys i am passing messages on to syd and the guys that r still there cleaning up today!

I have a few comments for HOW

Buddy what u on only need to put up half the field that’s stupid i'm afraid buddy no way can u proper walk a field with only half it up! As for the water we tried that and it didn't work at HG1 we ended up using the heavy feet from the fence panels to weigh the bunkers down ! The sandbags was a different solution that we came up with it didn't work so we will learn and try and find another way for next year!

The netting was being done first because it HAD to be ready by the morning! if the netting wasn't up the tourney couldn't have started if for some reason we hadn't have got all of the fields up we could have started the tourney with what we had ready minimising the delay!

Rest assured that lessons have been learnt for next year

wildflower1975

May 7, 2004
www.wildflower.uklinux.net
Thanks to the Reading Indoor Paintball people Jeff, Vikki, Chris, Tom and Neil without you we wouldn't have made to the event let alone the semi finals :eek:

Well done to our new flag man Luke, the flag pull points got us through on our lost games :D

Cheers to Syd and the Marshalls for getting it all organdised, however
I would have used lead shot instead of sand, although it's a lot more expensive than sand.
You can pick it up at Dive Shops either loose or already sown into pouches.

They will 'bend' or give a lot better than a bag of sand and be smaller/denser/heavier.

The only potential hazard i can think of is if the bag/pouch breaks you'll have tiny ball bearings to skate on, not that they are prone to bursting but something to think about.

See you next year :cool:

mel

Jul 7, 2004
Torquay, Devon
Visit site
Its disappointing the way people have the ability to only focus on the negatives and easily forget the positives. (this is not aimed at all)

It seems so much easier to highlight the things that were wrong or bad, rather than looking at all the good things.

For example:

Decent Toilets and showers, not a porta loo in sight.
Plenty of undercover kitting up areas, some indoors,
Camping on site
Bar with food on site
Good trade stands
Player’s party
Good Marshalls
Astro turf was great for sliding
Bouncy castle for the kids (and some adults)
Spectator stands
The opportunity to see and take part in the Pro Tour.
Great prizes for the teams that came first.

Apart from some Millennium events I don’t know of any other tournament that offers that, and personally those are some of the things that make the experience unforgettable.

All I’m saying is don’t get clouded by negativity, Constructive criticism is good, but positive feed back is always better!.x

See you all soon,
Mel.x
:p

Ok people i have the full scores from sunday ! Please bare with me if there are any spelling mistakes in the team names as it took me about 10mins on the phone to syd to get these !

Note any 0 scores are teams that bailed out on the sunday:rolleyes:

Div A
1 Cali Redz 467
2 Alpha1 HRS 349
3 Impact UK London 279
4 Fire & Ice 278
5 Newbury Anxiety 274
6 Taunton snatch 161
7 Daganham Swarm 151
8 Exeter APES 130

Div B
1 Basic 410
2 Bristol XS 377
3 Team Halo 319
4 Tsunami Young guns 310
5 Tigers Young guns 309
6 Iron Lions London 167
7 Maidenhead trauma 0
7 Bristol Loco 0

Div C
1 MH2 447
2 Bath Jabberwocky 420
3 Apex Assassins 353
4 Tsunami A 312
5 Showtime Marshals 226
6 Bournmouh Riptide 188
7 Southampton FX 144
8 NA Angles 0

Div D
1 Bracknel 7 461
2 UpMinster Halloween 379
3 Portsmouth velocity 315
4 Taunton Snatch B 242
5 Bridport Synapse 224
6 Romford UKM2 205
7 Redruth Ignite 0

Quarter finals were

Redz Vs MH2 - Redz Win
Alpha1 Vs Jabberwocky - Alpha1 win
Basic Vs Bracknel 7 - Basic win
Bristol XS Vs Halloween - XS Win

Semi finals

Redz Vs Basic - Redz win
Alpha1 Vs XS - Alpah1 win

Final Best of three

Redz Vs Alpha1 - Redz win first two games to win the tourney

Welldone to redz

lizzie/mong

THE halloweenie
funny mac

mac if i could have felt my leg after u pelted the ball at my leg maybe the football would have been more challenging for you but as u decided to crippl e a 15 year old by kicking a ball at her :eek:

anyway thanks for the awsome event even tho sunday was a little bit wet glad most teams stayed to play i agree on the netting situation and everything mel said in her post..

cheers 2 mac and steve for guesting they did an awsome job o and may i say cmonnnnn halloweenies 2nd place!!! :p

Legion

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
1st ever tournament and we came 5th in division C. i'm happy. hopefully we will do better in events to come