Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi everyone.

Flip flop

Jan 3, 2016
Hi guys,
Been a member a few months now and played a cple of sites but have a question regarding style of games. What Are scenario games? Thanks.

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong however I think Scenario games are the ones like Capture the flag, hold the compound, protect the president etc. Each site will have their own scenario based games.

Cheers

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Scenario games are the big games, either full day or full weekend, with much larger fields and often hundreds of players. A site will combine all of it's fields into one large game, or an event company will hire a location such as an MOD training site or unusual venue.
There is usually an overall theme for the weekend, with objectives based around the theme or venue.

Jamie is referring to Woodsball, or normal walkons.

There's also speedball, which is usually played on a symmetrical field with inflateable bunkers, with both teams starting in range of each other.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Scenario is sometimes used in punter site advertising such as 'You will play 6 scenarios during the day', e.g. they have 6 different zones each with a theme.

Scenario paintball (In my opinion as a scenario player and organiser) is a game that is defined by the events theme, and has missions, objectives and scoring based on that scenario theme.

If it has a theme but the game is just about going out to shoot each other and capture/hold ground then thats just paintball.

If the theme is integrated into the game, such as having to find items, putting them together to make something or gain information, holding places at certain times to score points etc then the scenario theme is core to the game.

You can find yourself in unusual circumstances in scenario, e.g. having to find a heart cushion, crawl through a corn field and call out love messages to Rapunzel (AKA a bloke in a dress) then climbing up to defend yourself and Rapunzel from flashbangs in a tower.

Reactions: Shepherd:03

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong however I think Scenario games are the ones like Capture the flag, hold the compound, protect the president etc. Each site will have their own scenario based games.

Cheers
All of the above are missions / objectives that may be individual games at a walkon or punter game
A scenario event will have missions & objectives as part of the game based on those basic principles, but defined by the overall theme

Note also that 'capture the flag' is the basis of tournament paintball, now replaced mostly by the buzzer (real or imaginary)

Jamie McCallum

ItsJamieMcC
Jul 2, 2016
All of the above are missions / objectives that may be individual games at a walkon or punter game
A scenario event will have missions & objectives as part of the game based on those basic principles, but defined by the overall theme

Note also that 'capture the flag' is the basis of tournament paintball, now replaced mostly by the buzzer (real or imaginary)
Thanks for clearing that up for myself too. (y)