Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi guys, new to Paintballing but need some advice please.

Simon light

Nov 21, 2015
Hey guys, totally new to paintball but have had a couple of games recently and would like to play more often. I was about to set myself up with buying some new gear, i.e. An Empire Mini GS marker and a nice mask for starters... But have just been offered a deal by a friend who I didn't know even played paintball. Not sure if it would make much difference between his gear and a new marker etc?
His gear is in great condition but 5 years old. He hasn't used it for 2 years. He only wants 200 for the lot but see what you think?
1 arikon m4 machine gun rep with sights
Arikon pistol with three magazines
Three paint hoppers
One orion blue standard gun with tiller long barrel
One gun with electric trigger
One air bottle
With rhino cover
Extendable air line for bottle
A few End stops and tool kits
And a carry case and few odds and sods

All this for £200

Attachments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Not sure if it would make much difference between his gear and a new marker etc?
His gear is in great condition but 5 years old. He hasn't used it for 2 years.
[/QUOTE

1 arikon m4 machine gun rep with sights
Fine, but under the bodywork is a basic mechanical gun
Great if you want that style, full guns/rifles are not brilliant on ergonomics. They are designed to be steady for real bullets
Sights are of no use In paintball
You could try it and sell on

Arikon pistol with three magazines
Nice little piece of interest
Pistols are rarely used, even less if carried as a sidearm
Great fun for a little pistol game or you are in the right frame of mind to go into a standard game with just a pistol

Three paint hoppers
Just gravity hoppers so no real value
The right hoppers for the guns shown

One orion blue standard gun with tiller long barrel
Very simple mechanical spyder clone

One gun with electric trigger
Also looks to me to be a spyder clone as well and the trigger would be electro-mechanical (operates a mechanical sear just like a manual trigger as opposed to an electronic solenoid based gun)

One air bottle
With rhino cover
With the cover it's probably a 4500psi fibre, but still could be a 3000psi aluminium
If 5 years old it's out of date:
An aluminium could be used for 10 years without a retest if the site accept it
A fibre needs to be tested at every 5 years and lasts a maximum 15 years
Check the type and the dates marked
Factor in £15 to £40 for a retest

Extendable air line for bottle
(Remote line). It's for putting the bottle on your back as opposed to on the gun
Ergonomically the bottle is best on the gun and no stock. What feels right is personal preference

A few End stops and tool kits
(End stops = barrel bungs / barrel plugs. And barrel condoms
You can never have enough. But note that bungs/plugs might not be liked by sites as a negligent discharge can shoot them off so the second shot gets someone in the face
(Note barrel condoms were originally prodiced to go over the bung)

And a carry case and few odds and sods

The 'air source' in there is a disposable co2 cylinder. There should also be an adaptor to fit it

It gives you a whole load of gear, but unless you use it then it's wasted
The o-rings in the guns may leak

Simon light

Nov 21, 2015
Really appreciate that bud. I'll buy the Invert gs then I think? Been told this is a great gun?
I wana get set up with the right gear but not be at a disadvantage with low end stuff.

Duno if you have time to link me the exact gear I need ? Electric hopper ETC?

Ta fella

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Any current electronic gun, or within a few years
(If it can do 10 to 15 balls per second then it will keep up in any tournament)

Hopper - halo too as a basic level, rotor or spire are more desireable but all of these are force feed electric hoppers

Air system - any aluminium 3000psi will do the job, and only cost £30 to £40
A fibre 4500psi gives the opportunity to higher pressure fills when available.
The advantage of fibre are the wide choice for ergonomics, weight saving if you go for a true ultra light, and a curved base to roll in your shoulder - but all of this from £150
There is an aluminium 3000psi with a curved base so for a bit more than £40 you can get the advantage of rolling in your shoulder

Comfy goggles - so much choice
Vforce grills are my current favourite

You're going to want something to carry paint to play - so some fat boy pods and a pod belt

Gear bag to put it all in - any big sports bag or hold-all, ideally with wheels

MandanX

Jan 7, 2014
Isle of Man
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Paintball.Stuff.for.Sale.and.Wanted/permalink/1171395486209308/

This seems quite a good little bundle mate, has pretty much everything you would need to start playing right away and if you haggle there might be some movement on the price. There are a couple groups on facebook that you should join as a lot of kit goes up on there aswell so although this forum is great dont limit yourself to buying on here. Have a look at it bud but dont rush buy it, do some research on each bit of kit, think about what it is you want to play (woods ball/ sup air etc) and go from there, look at positives and negatives on each thing and make your decision off that. Loads and Loads of youtube reviews on everything.

But when it comes to a mask thats your priority, try on a few different pairs and find one which you think are comfy, fit you well and offer enough protection for you. (depending on head size, on some masks your jaw may stick out a little)

Hope it helps

jaknight

Jack Knight
Feb 23, 2015
Birmingham
What are you looking at playing mate?

There two ways you can look at it, if your looking at playing in the woods that should be fine just to get you started but if you was to play speed ball, I would save some money and buy some good stuff as the equipment is better and different for each type of paintball you want to play

Hope that makes sense and helps