Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hi new to the forum, and Walk On days

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
If you are looking at Air'Ball (bouncey castle paintball :D) check out walk-ons at UCZ in Newton Abbot, you can find out about any walk-ons there at www.nspl.co.uk/community

Give Warped a ring about buying guns and things. I wouldnt recommend getting 2nd hand to start off with as there is important things like warranty and such that can be useful until you're super slick with markers and such. Just stay away from Ion's :)

www.paintball-equipment-online.co.uk <--- Warped PB store/website

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
where to go

Hi yolandie, as your in Bristol you have a few places to go to :-
besides Hamburger hill which is just outside Bristol in Wells,run by Tony,
you have inside Bristol just past the BMW dealership I think it`s j 17 on the M5, the one after shopping precinct turnoff anyway, and it`s called
MAX EVENTS run by a guy called Simon. fantasticly laid back, you`ll have a good time.
You also have 2 sites within Warminster, a very good one on the main road going into Warminster, cant remember the name but its got one of the best setups and offers good quality paintball all round, the other is at five ash lane which is run by Steve with everything on the cheap, I think balls are £6 per hundred, now when I say everything is cheap I mean everything, you decide on this one. If you can make yourself drive to J 12 on M4 going into Reading you have a good one called Weekend Warriors run by Rob and Cian, and also A 34 off the M4 Near DIDCOT
you have another , MAX EVENTS , run by BAGLES , this I can honestly tell you is a fantastic site in the way its run, anyone that goes to this site goes away ready for a tournement level of play, they are that good. they are all top players that run the place... hope this helps you for starters...Bluey

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
@SamFlyZ
Yeah... hmm... im not really into the bouncy castle stuff, im more of a tree & hut kinda guy :)

@Care_Bears
Thanks for this, well most of my time has been spent playing at hamburger hill, im there on sunday again :) I presume Tony is the big dude, i will ask them while im there, but i think their walk on days are in bouncy castle land as well.

I think the next step is to just phone around a few places, and see what the score is. I definately like the sound of the bunker thats my kind of game. :)

Thanks all really useful info.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Yolandie,

look into skirmish bristol (located in portishead) for walkons, they run the first sunday of every month (so convieniently one is next weekend) you will need your own marker and hopper, air bottles can be rented out for the day for a small deposit. the walkons at skrimish revolve around woodland play with several scenarios like your average site. Not too sure on this one, but i think you can borrow some overalls off the site :) if not I'm sure you could get by on some trackie bottoms and a longsleeve.

skirmish bristol can be contacted on 01934 416507.

prices are £25 byo (bring your own)
£45 inc box 2000 standard balls, Premium brands usually available for a small extra charge.
Phone 01934 416507 to book and pay your deposit by 2.00 pm Friday before the game and receive a FREE bag of 500 Paintballs.

Look forward to seeing you :)

Dave

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
Ah cool i found this in the walkons section, i will need to square a pass from the mrs if i can be out 2 weekends in a row, my bathroom looks like diy sos at the moment.

I havent bought the gun either yet. Is the tank rental co2 or air? I hear that Air is better for the markers.

Realistically i think the november one would be the earliest that i could get organised for (inc gun). At worst i think a pair of combats and a hoodie would sooth my wardrobe worries :)

I will give em a call and see if i can pop along that sunday to see what the format is etc.

Thanks guys this is really helpful.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
rental tank would be air mate :) the whole site runs off it.

the remaining dates for this year are

October 4th
November 1st
December 6th
December 27th Christmas Big game

incase you need to ok it with the missus first ;)

the christmas one is ALWAYS amazing, without fail. they open the site up for a big game scenario deeley, and even as a tourney baller i enjoy it. for the past couple of years they've ran a raffle aswell, the main prize last year was an Etek 2. and the second prize a proto SLG. so well worth a shot :p

if you need any help with anything drop me a PM.

Dave

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I know you said milsim for the gun, but take a long hard think - a lot of milsim markers are all looks and no substance for your money. They are mostly heavier, bulkier and less practical IMHO - take a look at tournament style markers first (SLGs, PMRs Eteks and similar) which will outperform most "military markers". No point buying something that looks like a sherman tank if it turns out to be a Modelt with a bodykit.... ;)

Besides, although many starters in PB say they are not interested in Sup'air (myself included) many find out that they are after they've played it!

Yolandie

Sep 23, 2009
Yeah fair point... i just like the look and the price :)

BTW being a real n00b to this what is Sup'air? im guessing thats the bouncy castle fastball type game?

@Dave284

Yep thanks for this, i will drop you a PM for some more pointers on this :)

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Sup'air is the trade name for a company that makes inflatable bunkers and often used to refer to the whole game style!