Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

High end markers

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm looking at getting a new marker around the £1,000 range and I'm not sure what I should be comparing, any advice on what the pros and cons are about the high end markers would be greatly appreciated along with any recommendations.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Geo 3.5 constantly refined over the years,
great marker,excellent warranty and backup,
UK company,
easily user serviced,
Easily user adjustable via screen ,no flashy lights,
great air efficiency,
bolt out the back with one catch,
large LCD screen,
Two bolts provided,(soft and hard tip)
Large spares kit( not that you need it!,
plenty colours available,
different sized shaft 4 backs or freak barrel,
diferent colour grips available,
excellent hard case.
I could go on.

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
UK company,
easily user serviced,
great air efficiency,
large LCD screen,
excellent hard case.
I could go on.
thanks for the great reply. But couldn't that be said about the other markers like the DM15 (except the LCD screen)?

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Yep probably,never had DM15 and don't know anyone who has.
Few older Dyes on team,bit finicky .
Arse seems to have dropped out of second hand Dye's lately
I had lots of Planet guns though and each generation just gets better.
You could go for Luxe oled,but in my opinion 3.5 is better.
Not had a vanquish or Bob long so can't comment.

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
Yep probably,never had DM15 and don't know anyone who has.
Few older Dyes on team,bit finicky .
Arse seems to have dropped out of second hand Dye's lately
I had lots of Planet guns though and each generation just gets better.
You could go for Luxe oled,but in my opinion 3.5 is better.
Not had a vanquish or Bob long so can't comment.
ok thanks

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
Based on what I've seen, heard and read, (not from personal experience but hey) performance wise the vanquish and GEO are pretty much the same. It would come down to finite things like aesthetics, ease of maintenance and of course price tags. Luxe I personally think is better than both GEO and Vanquish but come with hefty price tags, and for good reason, more silent and smoother shots.

But I am getting my vanquish this evening. Once I've tried it out, if not too late, I can let you know my review and thoughts without trying to be biased as much.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Based on what I've seen, heard and read, (not from personal experience but hey) performance wise the vanquish and GEO are pretty much the same. It would come down to finite things like aesthetics, ease of maintenance and of course price tags. Luxe I personally think is better than both GEO and Vanquish but come with hefty price tags, and for good reason, more silent and smoother shots.

But I am getting my vanquish this evening. Once I've tried it out, if not too late, I can let you know my review and thoughts without trying to be biased as much.
If you have a grand to spare you can get any top end marker if you buy nearly new.A Vanquish is not up with the Geo 3.5 .Planet are good quality ,value and resale guns .All DM's of recent years are excellent ,if a little heavy and slow on resale.I've shot most of these ,but the gun most pros go for is the Luxe .Smooth light and pin point accurate.Air consumption is the only bad point.All the big 3 ,Planet ,Dye and Luxe have free tecs at all major Speed/woodsball events and all their guns have been produced,refined for many years,so which of these is best can only be decided by yourself,as weight,feel and personal style will rule some in or out .....happy hunting!

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
Tha
If you have a grand to spare you can get any top end marker if you buy nearly new.A Vanquish is not up with the Geo 3.5 .Planet are good quality ,value and resale guns .All DM's of recent years are excellent ,if a little heavy and slow on resale.I've shot most of these ,but the gun most pros go for is the Luxe .Smooth light and pin point accurate.Air consumption is the only bad point.All the big 3 ,Planet ,Dye and Luxe have free tecs at all major Speed/woodsball events and all their guns have been produced,refined for many years,so which of these is best can only be decided by yourself,as weight,feel and personal style will rule some in or out .....happy hunting!
Thanks for the advice it's really helped I'll try get get my hands on some before I buy one

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Yep have a hands on and a shoot them if you can.
I had a Luxe Oled,nice but very heavy on air,didn't seem the same build quality as Planet markers though.
I'm referring to internal components,plugs,eyes ect.
The voice is novel at first then really gets on your tits after a while.
Looked nice though and shot smoothly,but not much smoother than GEO,nice colour schemes.
For me its all down to efficiency,quality,customer service and user serviceability.
You can always swap and change after a while,like most people on here!

Trisy

May 4, 2004
Visit site
UK company,
easily user serviced,
great air efficiency,
large LCD screen,
excellent hard case.
I could go on.
Is marker servicing and where the marker brand is based anything to be concerned about when purchasing?

Reason I ask is that I have been looking at markers and the two brands I'm trending toward are Empire and Eclipse. Like the Axe pro but the fact Eclipse have a UK base sort of sit a bit better with me for some.