Hmmmmmmm :( :( :(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Jesus Christ......

Originally posted by Nick Iuel-Brockdorff
...do you people beat around the bush !!!!
A word of advice to those that paint a black and white picture of RL, building them up to being absolutely beyond cheating:

-

Nick, first up, Laurent did not demand them to stop filming in Amsterdam as far as I know, it was done on the request of certain other teams in the finals after a meeting.
As to who actually told the RL to stop, I don’t know.
Presumably it would have been the responsibilty of the head judges or even the promoter of the DMA.

Secondly, don't 'you' beat around the bush !!!
The quote above is obviously directed toward me (I have no problem with that) and you should have specified rather than generalised, anyway, it matters not, what matters is, I don't think for one second they are saints, nor do I believe they will be able to play 100 % fair all the time.
What I do believe in 100%, is their philosophy of play and as we all know, people are only human for God's sake (Nick, you like that one ?) and absolute adherence to any philosophy either religious or sporting is impossible for anybody.

If I had to be nailed down on this to any absolute quote, I would have to say, 'They are the cleanest and best intentioned team I have ever seen'.
For me to say or even imply any more than that would be stupid.
Pete
PS Where the hell were you ?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Jesus Christ......

......RL is not beyond cheating, but do it MUCH less than any other Pro team out there.......
Originally posted by Robbo

what matters is, I don't think for one second they are saints......
:eek:

If Manike had posted either of these comments there'd of been hell to pay!!

Just how I see it you understand,

Paul.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Jesus Christ......

Originally posted by Paul_collier
If Manike had posted either of these comments there'd of been hell to pay!!
Just how I see it you understand,
Paul.
Paul, with no disrespect mate, if that's how you 'just see it' then you got **** in your eyes !!
Manike, on both occasions implied INTENTIONAL cheating was going on.
On the second occasion, his post implied a connection between Russian banking corruption with Sergei, now if you can't differentiate those with what I, or nick has posted, then you need to get down the eye shop.
I think and hope Nick's assertions were referring to unintentional on field infractions and not to their overall philosophy of play.
I could be wrong on that point but I don't want to put words into Nick's mouth.
Robbo

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Re: Re: Jesus Christ......

Paul, with no disrespect mate, if that's how you 'just see it' then you got **** in your eyes !!
Manike, on both occasions implied INTENTIONAL cheating was going on.
On the second occasion, his post implied a connection between Russian banking corruption with Sergei, now if you can't differentiate those with what I, or nick has posted, then you need to get down the eye shop.
I think and hope Nick's assertions were referring to unintentional on field infractions and not to their overall philosophy of play.
I could be wrong on that point but I don't want to put words into Nick's mouth.
Robbo
I was reffering not to this thread but others like it, essentially the last one that got Si banned.

If someone is said to cheat LESS then other teams that, to me implies that they do/have cheated.

You say yourself that you don't for 1 second think they are saints, again to me this implies a certain level of contradiction from previous posts made again not just limited to this thread.

I have not seen RL play and am not attacking them, you'll notice that I have made no accusations against them only pointing out that both yourself and Nick imply that they do cheat, or have cheated. Obviously whilst both stating they are the cleanest players out there, of this I'm sure there is no question.

Unintentional cheating, are you reffereing to cases of not knowing about a hit, or 'that' trigger debate (lets not go down that path)?

Paul
:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Re: Re: Jesus Christ......

Originally posted by Paul_collier
I was reffering not to this thread but others like it, essentially the last one that got Si banned.
If someone is said to cheat LESS then other teams that, to me implies that they do/have cheated.
You say yourself that you don't for 1 second think they are saints, again to me this implies a certain level of contradiction from previous posts made again not just limited to this thread.
I have not seen RL play and am not attacking them, you'll notice that I have made no accusations against them only pointing out that both yourself and Nick imply that they do cheat, or have cheated. Obviously whilst both stating they are the cleanest players out there, of this I'm sure there is no question.
Unintentional cheating, are you reffereing to cases of not knowing about a hit, or 'that' trigger debate (lets not go down that path)?
Paul

Paul, the fact that I believe them not to be saints does not in any way contradict what I believe, I have never seen them cheat and believe their overall philosophy of play revolves around professional and responsible behaviour both on the field and off.
I am not for one second saying they are never going to cheat or have indeed never done so, it's just their team intention is not to.
This is what I believe so strongly.
As for the banning of Manike, it lasted for what ?
One or two days !!!
Big frikkin deal !!!
Nah, I know what he was up to and I wasn't going to stand for it.
Robbo

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jesus Christ......

Paul, the fact that I believe them not to be saints does not in any way contradict what I believe, I have never seen them cheat and believe their overall philosophy of play revolves around professional and responsible behaviour both on the field and off.
I am not for one second saying they are never going to cheat or have indeed never done so, it's just their team intention is not to.
This is what I believe so strongly.
As for the banning of Manike, it lasted for what ?
One or two days !!!
Big frikkin deal !!!
Nah, I know what he was up to and I wasn't going to stand for it.
Robbo
I know the ban wasn't long, is that the point though?? (rehtorical(sp?) question!) anyway done & dusted!

All is cool then :cool:

Paul

Why the hell not

Focus on their clean ness - it makes tha rest of their achievements even more laudable. Hell, it never hurt tha Turks - and it SHOULD make RL even more attractive to potential sponsors if journos are claiming them to be paragons of virtue.

And maybe, just maybe, teams will start to adopt a 'do unto others' approach...I am aware of one very famous captain of a very famous team who forbade his players to cheat against tha Turks because he knew they wouldn't cheat on him...

peace

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Pete

I was actually not ONLY referring to you - many people share your views on RL (myself included - to some extent at least).
So - no beating around anything here (that's not my style.... you know that !).
But - to make that clear - ofcourse the commentes INCLUDED you !
I see a danger of something brilliant (RL) - being detroyed in the future, when someone on that team ****s up.
You know how it works: the second something happens, most any captain will say "look - they are no better than us - no need to change anything here".
I would much prefer that the whole RL deal was more focussed on their approach to the game tactically, strategically and trainingwise - and that their "cleanliness" was something mentioned along the way.... rather than their fair play being top of the list.
I hope you get my point ?
Nick
I 100% agree with your point Nick and I also appreciate the frailties of humankind and the reaction just waiting to happen should something untoward get seen or reported.
Jealousy, enmity and downright hypocrisy will all surface in a heartbeat if and when the time arrives.
It makes me sick to think of them dickheads just waiting to pounce. But saying all that, in my mind, their adherence and resolution to try and play fair all of the time merits more credit in my book than any technical or tactical brilliance.

Pete

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
i got back from toulouse and read the lastest installments on this thread and i have to say this. when in toulouse i tried to see as many RL games as possible, i caught about 7-8 and only once did i see a RL player do something slightly 'off', that was in their final game on the draxus field when a RL was in the complex and was pulled out because (from what i could see) he was covered in spray, he was pissed off and kicked his pot that was on the floor. he probably kicked his pot out of frustrartion as they did not do well i nthe finals
people may say that if they did cheat they are good enough to hide it, but why bother, there were cameras from photographers or film on most occasions they played and if they were to be spotted cheating then everybody would know.