The Home Of European Paintball

Hmmmmmmm :( :( :(

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by upsupball
i got back from toulouse and read the lastest installments on this thread and i have to say this. when in toulouse i tried to see as many RL games as possible, i caught about 7-8 and only once did i see a RL player do something slightly 'off', that was in their final game on the draxus field when a RL was in the complex and was pulled out because (from what i could see) he was covered in spray, he was pissed off and kicked his pot that was on the floor. he probably kicked his pot out of frustrartion as they did not do well i nthe finals
people may say that if they did cheat they are good enough to hide it, but why bother, there were cameras from photographers or film on most occasions they played and if they were to be spotted cheating then everybody would know.
I saw the same incident Richard so afterwards; I asked the player and the judge as to what happened.
If you remember, the player was sideways onto the main field shooting across, over the top of his bunker at the tea bag, his body faced the inside of the field, a shot came in from the tea bag, which was subsequently deemed by the judge to be spray but on neutralising the player to check his gun noticed a mark on the knee of the Russian player, he pulled him out on this.
Now, if you saw this incident, you would have also seen the same player previously kneeling shooting the back stand up on the right tape.
The reason he was angry was that he got pulled for a shot that was more than likely knelt on as it was impossible for the tea bag to shoot him there or even the right hand tape man (whilst he was firing at the tea bag) to shoot him on the knee at the required angle (90 degrees out I'm afraid as the mark was on the front of his knee) .
I think it only human he would exhibit some kind of frustration wouldn't you?
Especially as his elimination came at such a critical point in the game.
Just my opinion you understand :)
Robbo

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
when they lost the complex they did lose the game because of the bad desision. i hope the RL do better at their next millennium tourney.

though changing the topic slightly; people should listen to your opinions more, you are privy to more inside infomation than alot of the people on the thread, yet you get bashed, people will have their own opinions but these forums recently have become grounds for insaulting, forums are for saying opinions and trying to pursuade others of the opinion ...though this is just my oninion. :)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo

.............The reason he was angry was that he got pulled for a shot that was more than likely knelt on as it was impossible for the tea bag to shoot him there or even the right hand tape man (whilst he was firing at the tea bag) to shoot him on the knee at the required angle (90 degrees out I'm afraid as the mark was on the front of his knee) .
I think it only human he would exhibit some kind of frustration wouldn't you?.......................

Robbo
Damn right I'd be pissed, but I'd be more pissed that somthing as small and insignificant as this had been noticed and commited to memory (craply phrased but you know what I mean).
Kicking a pot to me isn't a sign of being unsportsman like or anything like that just pure frustration at an obvious bad call.

Paul.
:)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Paul_collier

Damn right I'd be pissed, but I'd be more pissed that somthing as small and insignificant as this had been noticed and commited to memory (craply phrased but you know what I mean).
Kicking a pot to me isn't a sign of being unsportsman like or anything like that just pure frustration at an obvious bad call.

Paul.
:)
Sorry that post was really badly put, am kinda busy at work at the mo! :O
Anyway the points made were not a flame towards anyone, I was trying to say it must be hard for the RL with everyone watching so carefully as Robbo says waiting for them to screw up. And the fact that a mere pot kicking makes it onto this board illustrates that!

Paul.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
As the name says....

Originally posted by Just Curious
Was there any problems with the RL coach recording their games at this event???
as I say,,,Just Curious.:)
None that I am aware of.....and believe me, Sergei would have let me know if there had been !!!
Robbo

Mr Big

and his big purple helmet
Jul 3, 2001
In a big shoe
www.p8ntballer.com
I saw

Goose and Laurent Hamet both standing next to the cameraman for the game where RL maxed Dynasty with 100 points, after Chuck Hendsch insisted they keep an eye on him. But if the russians have nothing to hide, there's no reason they should have a problem with it - more likely they'd feel smug that they've got such high quality teams so rattled

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
The Ironman in the back stand up coke can 'called' the hit on the Russian Legion player's knee after wrapping around his coke can while the RL player was shooting over his bunker at the far corner and standing pretty much sideways on to the back coke can.

Initially I think the RL player thought he was being called out for spray when a judge went in to check a hit that actually bounced off his hopper. (made a great hit sound).

My opinion anyway from halfway between both players taking pictures :) but granted it's difficult to follow all the action all the time.

RL played some great paintball in Toulouse, but didn't seem to have the flair they had in Amsterdam. When they get those together they will be very formidable. Certainly the way they went through Dynasty and SC Ironmen was fantastic.

manike