Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hobbies other than paintball...

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Forgot to mention animals - I have a soft spot for reptiles and spiders - currently rebuilding the collection now I'm single again. currently stands at

Eric - adult royal/ball python, had him since he was 9" long and he's the most chilled out, placid snake imaginable!
Chaz - Amal corn, just arrived and only 12" long ATM
Draco - Bearded Dragon, anceint old fella, about 10years old
Millie - Mexican Red Rumped tarantula
Morticia - Salmon Pink Tarantual (will grow to be a REALLY big girl :) )
Charlie - Chilean Beauty Tarantula, my "handle'able" spider

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dusty, how much is "not cheap"? I've been thinking about building my own rig for a camera, and the prices I've come up with are in the region of £10k.... Looks good though!

What camera? I'm only carrying a go pro. My rig would stand about £1100 but you can spend as you know 10k +

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
What camera? I'm only carrying a go pro. My rig would stand about £1100 but you can spend as you know 10k +
Oh, that was just the rig itself.... The camera is pretty hefty (6lb minumum recording weight) and rather expensive - in the area of about £6k for just the camera. Here's a stock picture:
fs700ek.jpeg
The £10k esitmate was just for a rig that would allow me to fly it for about 15 minutes as well as seeing what/where I was filming.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Surely cost wise you'd be better off using a decent dslr with a good bit of glass? The saving in weight would mean you could presumably offset the cost of the camera with a cheaper rig and if anything goes wrong you haven't just wrecked a 6k camera.

Just a thought like...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Oh, that was just the rig itself.... The camera is pretty hefty (6lb minumum recording weight) and rather expensive - in the area of about £6k for just the camera. Here's a stock picture:
View attachment 23891
The £10k esitmate was just for a rig that would allow me to fly it for about 15 minutes as well as seeing what/where I was filming.
You'd be needing seething like a DJI s800 for that.

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Sleeping
Eating
Motorcycle's
Fitness (Circuit Training, Push Ups, Sit Ups, Jogging, etc.) - Need to keep the belly down after all that eating and sleeping!

(Okay the First two aren't much of a hobby but I eat and sleep so much they might aswell be!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Biscuit

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
funny thing is I actually have a dungeon - well, an atom bomb shelter - under my house, which I've never actually been into. I only found out where the entrance was after I re-did the hardwood floors, now I don't want to rip them back up again...

Reactions: Rat