Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Home plugs

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Has any one had any experience with these? I've been having issues with Playstation network and it may be due to my wi-fi connection although I've had no problems with a Net-book. I decided to try these to see if I get a better connection as a proper wired connection isn't viable due to router location and ps3 location. For reference I have a BT homehub3, my PC download speed is 11.86mbps and upload 0.91mbps with a signal strength of 100%, the Net-book got 13.57mbps download and just over 1mbps upload with signal strength of 98% . The ps3 is usually around about 59-69% signal strength?

Thanks in advance for any advice etc,

Al

PS the item I've ordered http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370576787945&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Last edited:

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
Yep, I use them. Best thing EVER. The reason you get issues with games on the PS3 is because of interference with wi-fi. You may download fine, but ping in games will be horrible. These solve everything. Powerline <3

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Ive only had issues with them in older houses with older wiring. People in old listed buildings like to use them because the walls are very thick so wifi doesn't get around well, and they can't drill holes to run cable. Unfortunately being an old listed building, often means old wiring which causes a bunch of issues with homeplug.

Also the more homeplugs you use, the worse the connection will get. If its just 2-3 devices in a house built in the last 40-50 years, you should be fine. (although they will just give poor performance with certain fuseboxes, you won't be able to tell till you try)

Last edited:

Alex R

Fusion 141
Jul 15, 2006
North Yorkshire
Well they seem to be working out, having said that they only arrived yesterday... now getting 11.3mbps download and 801kbps upload (give or take) also was able to sign in to the PS network with no issues...

Last edited: