Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Honest opinions on pricing

Valdies

Jan 19, 2022
Hi everyone, I've been away from the sport for a number of years now and am looking to unload most of my gear. Only issue is I've no idea what a reasonable asking price for it would be.
I understand everything has lost value over the years so any input as to what you think it's all worth would be very helpful, and whether or not I should sell all as 1 big lot or separate.
Many thanks for anyone who answers.

Items: JT Tactical marker
Prophecy Z2 electric Loader
Guerrilla Air tank 3000psi with coil
Green marker (unknown make)20220119_103938.jpg20220119_103938.jpg

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The green one is a generic spyder clone.

The air cylinder will depend on its date markings. A new 3000psi aluminium is cheap enough to treat as disposable and not worth spending for a hydro test.

If it’s in date then it can sit as part of a bundle.
Note that air cylinders are valid for 5 years from date of manufacture.
Strictly speaking aluminium 3000psi cylinders are valid for a 10 year lifecycle between tests, but sites generally want to see them within 5 years. (The UKPSF guidance states 5 years for simplicity - and players rarely continue to use that type that long)

An aluminium can have an unlimited lifetime if it keeps getting hydro tested - if owners can be bothered to go to the effort

I can’t help with prices —- if things are shiney and I want them then I’ll pay, if not I won’t
Someone else can give a better price

Reactions: Valdies

Valdies

Jan 19, 2022
The green one is a generic spyder clone.

The air cylinder will depend on its date markings. A new 3000psi aluminium is cheap enough to treat as disposable and not worth spending for a hydro test.

If it’s in date then it can sit as part of a bundle.
Note that air cylinders are valid for 5 years from date of manufacture.
Strictly speaking aluminium 3000psi cylinders are valid for a 10 year lifecycle between tests, but sites generally want to see them within 5 years. (The UKPSF guidance states 5 years for simplicity - and players rarely continue to use that type that long)

An aluminium can have an unlimited lifetime if it keeps getting hydro tested - if owners can be bothered to go to the effort

I can’t help with prices —- if things are shiney and I want them then I’ll pay, if not I won’t
Someone else can give a better price
Keep the coil and scrap the tank then

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Probably yes

The remote line coil looks to me like it’s the ‘self sealing’ kind, and doesn’t need an on/off slide check …… which might mean a slight extra on it’s value

If you press a button on the side and it pops out to reveal a pointy connector then it is

Valdies

Jan 19, 2022
Probably yes

The remote line coil looks to me like it’s the ‘self sealing’ kind, and doesn’t need an on/off slide check …… which might mean a slight extra on it’s value

If you press a button on the side and it pops out to reveal a pointy connector then it is
So push the button and have this bit come out you mean

Attachments

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
So push the button and have this bit come out you mean
Yes.

Thats a quick disconnect with its own on/off automatically sealed, I think ProConnect were the original brand

On a quick scan online new remote lines depending on branded or not etc look to be:

Basic remote - £25 to £35
With slide check £35 to £40
ProConnect style £40-£45
(Obviously 2nd hand will be less)

The ProConnect types are ‘better’ but they are also more fiddly when the o-ring fails
So second hand prices might be the same as a slide check or a bit better depending on peoples preference

Reactions: Valdies

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site

The UKPSF corrected their info on aluminium bottles quite a long time ago and does state 10 years. https://www.facebook.com/notes/987807755045608/

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
the tank may still be usable depending on when it was made, the date will be among the markings stamped around the top, but as Tom says they don't have a lot of resale value as you can buy new ones for under £40.

Valdies

Jan 19, 2022
the tank may still be usable depending on when it was made, the date will be among the markings stamped around the top, but as Tom says they don't have a lot of resale value as you can buy new ones for under £40.
Yeah I'll probably just scrap it as the dates on it are from 2011/2012. Like I said I've been out of the game for a good few years. It's mostly the markers and hopper I was going to try and sell as I've no need for them anymore. Both with fair ish wear, could probably do with some maintenance after being bagged up for as long they have.